The Pelican Inn
US$110
US$107
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$97
Travelodge
US$121
US$118
US$116
Howard's House Hotel(Teffont Evias)
US$210
US$73
PremierInn.com
US$65
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We called in for a meal after a long drive. The place is under new management and we were made very welcome by the staff. The pub is old with a wonderful atmosphere. The food was excellent and the bar was nicely furnished and comfortable. The menu was varied as was the choice of liquid refreshment. It is dog and family friendly. We will definitely be going back there again.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Awful ! Never written a review before but had to speak out about my experience!
Apparently this pub has just changed hands , and I was very suspicious as our party of 12 were the only people in the pub .
We were there for an hour and three quarters and not a single person ventured in .
The menu offered was very basic with only two sweets on it , not that we got this far ! , and after half hour waiting for our starters to arrive we’re told that two of the orders were not available. 4 starters arrived and we waited and waited for the others to arrive . Another half an hour passed and still no starters. The bar man/ waiter apologised and said they would be here soon . 20 mins later still the other 5 starters had not come by this point we had stared to get a little cross . Waiter was blaming it on the inexperienced chef and as he put it “the boss needed to sack him”
One more starter did arrive but by this point we’d had enough and asked for our money back as we had already paid as we ordered .
The bar man did agree it was a shambles and agreed to give money back which believe me was not straight forward as nobody had a clue how to work the till so a phone call to “the boss” was needed to talk him through it . I have never witnessed such a balls up in all my life it was like a scene from a comedy sketch . The chef looked like a complete drip and when we were collecting our refunds we could here him cussing and swearing in the kitchen which our young children also witnessed.
Surely will not be in business for long with this motley crew running it . Stay well away until it changes hands again , use to be an ok pub !

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank mjt150
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely lovely meal with friends. As a local I knew we would have a wait but the grub was worth it. Great food at great price. Would recommend to anyone. I had 10oz rump steak cooked to perfection with all the trimmings. My friends from Peterborough were impressed and are looking forward to the next time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We were traveling from Portsmouth to Bristol early evening. A nice meal was needed after a busy day. We did just that at The Pelican. It was very quiet when we walked in and were met with a lovely smile, yes we are serving food, was the reply after ordering we wondered whether this had been a good choice with there not been many in. We had two variations requests from the menu, but they met them with and three empty plates were the result and we all said what a great meal. We left having been feed and watered and suitably refreshed, would recommend,

Room Tip: Only used restaurant
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Sorry, I don't normally leave bad reviews but I didn't enjoy my visit. Food was overcooked. Reasonable price and good service, felt sorry for her as she was on her own. The menu seems nice but didn't live up to my expectations this visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends