Bunaken Island Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
The Village Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
Siladen Resort & Spa(Siladen Island)
  • Pool
Onong Resort(Manado)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsnight snorkelconversation pitblack sea urchinsdolphin tourfishlounge areacoral reefanother guestall sortsspecial thankslong tablenice bungalowslow tidediving centerislandmealsresort
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We have selected Bunaken Island as this is one of the best places in the world for easy snorkeling (without using a boat). And I think that Bunaken Island Resort is the best on the island because of good access to the beach and diving center, perfect food and service, and very nice bungalows.
Also there was some king of lounge zone in the resort near the dining area, where we could rest on pillows and enjoy sunsets.
Special thanks to manager Kim and chef Ivan (sorry if my spelling is wrong). Ivan cooked for us totally wonderful meals, he new (and invented, I guess) a great variety of extremely delicious dishes. Also he could satisfy demands of every traveller (e.g. I don't like spicy food, other people preferred. So Ivan cooked not spicy meals and served them with spicy sauce separately, so everybody was happy). Last evening Ivan taught me to cook shrimps with vegetables, as it was my favourite meal.
And few words about snorkeling. It was really amazing just in front of the resort. Coral wall was full of many kings of fishes, once I saw a big turtle. Other travellers used boats to get good places for snorkeling, but we were totally happy with our beach front one. The only difficulty of beach front snorkeling is low tide, so we have checked this information in internet daily in the morning.

Room Tip: All bungalows are nice and beach front
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldengalya
Reviewed 25 January 2017

This was my first visit to Bunaken Island.
I really enjoyed my stay here, they are nicely clean, and the balcony is an ample place to relax and look at the capricious views. The restaurant area has a lounge area with cushions for seating, which makes it an awesome conversation pit. The meals are shared at a long table, again it fosters great conversations, and all sorts of topics are likely to be shared. The people I met here were great fun and made it very pleasant. The staffs are all dreadful, friendly and amusing, and very professional in an easy way.
The 'house reef' at the front of the resort offered great snorkeling. The sea grass areas had fish colored to match, the black Sea urchins and horned starfish were everywhere. I went on the diver’s boat most days to do snorkeling. A consummate highlight of my week was doing a night snorkel with another guest and two guides. Another highlight was the Dolphin Tour

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Jayne L
Reviewed 24 January 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation at “Bunaken Island Resort”. Amazing place, tasty food, professionally trained friendly staff…
Sun set view from the terrace is like heavenly view. I think there is no better place for diving Asia than Indonesia.
October 2016
Review 6 not post
My first view of “Bunaken National Marine Park”. Was really perplexing, It was really nice to see coral reef full of breathtaking fishes.
The water is pure and Cristal clear, presenting good view of coral reef. I would highly recommend its must visit natural beauty in Indonesia.

Room Tip: very quite
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I’m writing this review, to express my overall satisfaction about my comfortable stay at Bunaken. Thanks for warmhearted welcome and wonderful hospitality I witness. The resort manager been extremely helpful and everybody were approachable, that made me understand how easy the booking procedure could be.
Enjoyed the great moment of relaxation on comfortable hammock on the balcony. The view of the ocean from the bungalows was Ice on cake. The staff been very informative to provide the information about the Island. Full credit goes to the great chef for not only cooking the fresh food’ but every time he comes out with lot of variation in his cooking style. He was also sharing his cooking tips with us, big beds and open air shower everything is from wood felt me closer to nature like never before. Unforgettable experience of surrounded by Dolphins jumping around the boat.
The visit to Bunaken is worth. Overall, great stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: It is paradise for tourist.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Panagiotis M
Reviewed 16 October 2016

This review is way long overdue. I had the most amazing, relaxing and heartwarming time in Bunaken, thanks to overflowing hospitality from this resort. Booking was very easy, and I was able to communicate with the Resort Manager almost in real time to arrange for boat transfers ahead of the trip via WhatsApp. Food was great, and the chefs (who also doubled up as after dinner concert crew) were super friendly and helpful. One of them even went out of her way to shake the mango tree several times during the day to fulfill our request for fresh mangos. All that, with a backdrop of underwater enchantments just a few flipper steps away from the resort - truly magical. Can't wait to be back!!!!

Room Tip: There are only 7 villas available. All are good.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family