“Great Stay and fabulous diving”

Raja Laut Dive Resort
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Roberto, Sylvia and the staff of Raja Laut made this one of our best dive vacations, The cottages were lovely and well-kept. The dive staff took good care of all custom requests and made the Bunaken dive experience amazing. The food was out of the world for a remote location like this and we constantly saw people who were switching to this resort after hearing about the great service and value. Highly recommend this for service, nice people and the small size adds to the charm.

Badminton court, constant supply of snacks & tea/coffee, reef right in front of resort and the resident dog are all added bonuses!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 January 2012

it was a pleasure to take diving classes with this small dive resort under indonesian-italian management! We felt very safe while diving, got a professional and always friendly instruction and enjoyed the wonderful diving there. The four cottages are quite new, big, cosy and clean with balkony each, the food is always good, fresh and clean. You get coffee, tea and water all the time and the staff people are always very friendly. In the evening you can hang around in this familiar atmosphere. The beach is also clean with a perfect coral in front ideal for snorkelling or diving.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We spend the last four days of our 3 week holiday at Raja Laut. It was excellent value for money. We paid 250.000 per person per night (including 3 meals). Food was pretty good. Of course rice with fish often but supplimented well with vegatables and fruit. My girlfriend is vegatarian and they really made an effort in catering wel for her. The cabins are really nice and have good sea view (they are facing east so very nice sunrises from your bed (but no sunsets!!).

Raja Laut only has four bungalows so the entire setting is nice and quite. We liked that a lot but if you want some more parties, you might want to check out other places.

We dived 2 days with Raja Laut. Material was really good en very new. THe dive master was good and had very good eye for the small fish. He spotted a pigmee seehorse at 20 meter depth and they are about 2 centimeter high and very well camouflaged. Also saw lots of turtles.

In general I think the walls around bunaken are a very good dives I think. Every time we saw lots of different fishes and just the feeling of hanging besides a wall a wauw.

The reef infront of raja laut is very good. Maybe not super colourfull but really a lot of good living coral and many, many fishes.

All in all , very very good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maarten B
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Thanks to Sylvia, Roberto and all their team.

The bungalows were very nice, the staff is very kind and the price isn't too expensive.
The food was also so good and in my opinion the best one we tried in indonesia.
I don't know the other accomodation on Bunaken but I'm sure this is one of the best.
I can't forget the last evening which was very cool, they organised a party for my friend'birthday.
The night dive was also amazing.

I absolutely recommand it

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I spent 5 days on Bunaken with the main intention of getting as much diving done as possible. I booked via email directly with Roberto, the Italian owner who was prompt to reply to my enquiry and very helpful with advice for travel arrangements and would have been happy to arrange airport transfer from Manado for 60 euros with private car and speedboat. I opted for the cheaper, though more tricky option of making my own way there; this did involve a night's stay in Manado though which is a fairly soulless place. I had a standard bungalow which was clean and airy with fan and cold water. All the accommodation on Bunaken is relatively expensive by mainland standards but I was offered the promotional deal of accommodation, three meals a day and 2 dives a day all inclusive for the reasonable price of 75 euros. The scuba gear and dive-boat were well-maintained and the dive-master, Dolvi, and Roberto endeavoured to offer as much variety in the dive-sites for the various guests as possible. I hired an underwater camera and Roberto gave me some invaluable tips on underwater photography. The highlight of my trip was the "muck diving" near the mainland where we saw an amazing array of the weird and wonderful (octopus, rays, frogfish, seahorses etc) within the space of only two dives. It's a small resort with normally only 8-10 guests at a time, where Roberto and Silvie (the hostess) made us all feel more like house-guests than customers and threw a fantastic party on my first night as a farewell/Open Water celebration for some French guys. The Bintang and arak flowed freely. I will be back there very soon

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo