Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$122
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
US$122
Free cancellation until 08/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$127
US$106
SAVE US$21
Expedia.comUS$122
eDreamsUS$124
Lol.travelUS$127
All reviews good size pool and hot tub restaurants within walking distance pool area king bed hot breakfast is booked this hotel friendly front desk staff awesome breakfast great stay definitely stay here again waffles place to stay great room fitness room clean hotel easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2021

With COVID I was hesitant about staying in the hotel. No such fears with this property. Excellent stay, super clean, clear covid guidelines. We were very pleased. The room was lovely and the bed was very comfortable.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 31 December 2020

In 2020, my family and I logged six hotel nights at this property. With Covid, we were not allowed to stay in Manitoba and if you did you were supposed to self isolate for 14 days. So having family in Ontario, we avoided Manitoba all together and drove straight through to Ontario or drove from Ontario to this Best Western.

I really enjoyed this hotel, its only a few years old, but still smells new. The rooms are a bit bigger than average, it’s quiet, nice kitchette, and nice bathroom and ample parking in the front and back for people towing trailers or boats. We were also travelling with a 15 year old cockatiel bird, and the hotel was pet friendly..

With Covid there was no buffet, but the staff would bring out what you wanted for breakfast in their eating area. There is a place where they sell pop and treats, if you don’t want to go out. There are no restaurants immediately beside the hotel but there is a Red Barn (like Kelsey’s/AppleBees) about a five-minute walk from the hotel and a Subway about 10 minute walk away. There is also a Co-op Gar Bar with a Tim Hortons about a five-minute drive away if you need your coffee fix.

This hotel is comparable to any in a big city, and you wouldn’t know you are in rural Saskatchewan till you looked out your window. With Covid, the pools and hot tub were closed. If you are travelling across Canada, I certainly recommend this Best Western for a good nights stay.

Room tip: I found the back rooms to be abit quieter not facing the Trans Canada Highway
Reviewed 1 November 2020

Booked this hotel on short notice for a business trip. Felt the price offered for the room on short notice (same day booking) was an excellent deal. Room was well equipt and average size. I had a king room which also had a couch. I really like this, as it was much better than sitting in bed or a crappy desk chair all evening, as some other hotels generally have. Not sure on the age of the hotel but it either relatively new or has been updated recently, everything was in excellent condition. They are currently offering the typical continental breakfast, however they serve you whatever you'd like.

If I could offer any suggestions for improvement, it would be they could do a better job of sanitizing the tables in the breakfast area, as this didn't appear to be done after people were done eating. Also offering more space for people to have breakfast, as there were only 3 tables in the breakfast area and people were having to sit on the couches in the lobby area. Maybe they have a conference room that could be opened up? My only other suggestion would be the use of masks by guests in public areas (elevators and hallways), as its impossible to distance in these areas.

Overall the stay was great though and I'd highly suggest this hotel. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

We had an 11 hour drive to get to Moosamin from Thunder Bay and found a warm welcome at the front desk for the Jacuzzi room we had booked. We were helped with our local dinner choices and given a room on the ground floor which made for easy transport of all our gear using the cart provided. The Jacuzzi tub for two was located beside a very comfortable king bed with large wonderful pillows. We had a lovely soak which made up for the long day in the car. Only issue was not being able to get the jets to turn on but we felt relaxed anyway and had a good sleep. The hotel was spotless, quiet and had everything we needed! Will stay here again without question! Great work, Best Western Plus team!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cheryl McEwen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Moosomin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2020

Dear Michaelh153:

Thank you so very much for providing your 5 STAR review! I am very happy to learn you enjoyed your time in Moosomin and with our property. The switch to operate the jets for the Jacuzzi tub is located on the wall behind the bedside lamp :)

We do hope to see you again!

Stay Safe & Healthy!

Best Regards,

Cheryl McEwen

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Good morning,
I want to say what an amazing stay at the Best Western Hotel. I am impressed the pool area was clean and the hot tub was amazing. I had an excellent breakfast this morning and the kitchen staff were very helpful for my nieces and my nephews. My mom seemed to enjoy the food and same with my grandma. I was also impressed with the comfort of the rooms that we had reserved and the front staff was so helpful when I called to reserve. Such a welcoming environment. I just want to say thank you to the front staff for welcoming us into the hotel like it was our own home. I just want to say thank you for welcoming us in and will definitely stay here again.
All the best, Jordan