“Top Steak. ”

Jacobean Barn
Ranked #17 of 45 Restaurants in Bexley
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of the Hall Place complex.
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

We tend to visit the Jacobean Barn to a three times a year, normally for a birthday celebration, so we went in knowing what to expect and we weren't disappointed.
as always the food was of the highest quality, we highly recommend the nachos, but the real showstopper has to the beef dripping sauce. The deserts were simply amazing I must try on that one is the crème brûlée. Our waitress Paulina was extremely efficient very friendly and made us feel like a member of the family rather than a paying customer.
When it's a celebration you're having and you don't want to compromise on quality the only place to go is the Jacobean barn.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Been here quite a few times and always satisfied with both food and service. It may be a bit more expensive than pub food, but it is always worth the extra cost.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Have eaten here on a number of occasions and always been very happy with the service and food. Not this time.....
Visited on a Tuesday Evening for a birthday celebration. Beware, upstairs area is closed on Mondays and Tuesday's. Our table was squashed behind the stairway and in front of the Gents toilets and Emergency Exit.
No atmosphere other than men passing to relieve themselves.
Cold and drafty
Condescending waitress.
The food was still good however because of the above our evening was spoilt and probably won't return again.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Luckily for me this is close to where I live so go there regularly. It is now a Miller and Carter restaurant but the food is still excellent. My personal favourite is the Sea Bass but I always visit with friends and as yet I haven't heard any complaints.The atmosphere is congenial and the staff very friendly. We usually go in the afternoon but I have been in the evening and at all times it is a very popular place.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I ate here on Sunday with a friend - we hadn't booked but s table was found quickly for us. Good choice on the menu. I had chicken with some wonderful sweet potato chips and a few other interesting add ins. My friend had steak.
The waiter was helpful re allergies and went to check contents before accepting our order.
The desserts were quite expensive but unusual and worth the money.
Great experience.