My parents were given vouchers for their 80th birthday for afternoon tea here. As my cousin was over from Canada, he joined them. They were the only people having tea, but there was preparations going on for a wedding. They were quite disappointed with the service - the coffee came before anything else - it was cold. The food was like eating minature sandwiches - they couldn't make out what was in them but it wasn't very much! Scones were okay but again - all of it was rather sparse. Having to pay £14 for my cousin, they really didn't think it was very good value for money. As my Dad said - we could have had a decent meal for that price - very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie