I booked from a 5pm overnight stay deal for my husband as a Xmas gift and for us to enjoy some time away just us. It was wonderful from the minute we arrived! The lady at reception was very polite and helpful when checking us in, our room was at the very very top of the castle (a lot of stairs!) we got room 23. It was lovely, big and luxurious feeling. It was a family room, it had a double bed, a single and then up a few steps another single. It didn't bother us having the extra beds in the room at all. We went to the Orangey soon after we arrived for a sandwich and a drink before using the spa, the sandwiches were delightful.
We decided to upgrade our evening meal and eat in the dungeon instead and we are glad we did to experience it - it was intimate and romantic and the food was awesome!
The waiters were very attentive.
Our stay was fantastic couldn't have asked for anything better.
We wish we had booked for two nights to enjoy more of the castle, although we will definitely book again and stay for 2 nights. Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie