1,610 results
All reviews dungeon restaurant library bar spa facilities four poster no lift afternoon tea falconry experience before dinner themed rooms hydro pool wedding party dining experience birds of prey whole experience special occasion course meal grounds are beautiful
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on our trip to Scotland. Our room, in the keep, was very large. A long hallway from the bathroom to the big bedroom. We had a queen size bed, a couch and chairs plus a small table and four chairs. Really big and lovely. Only complaint is it needs more lamps. The windows are not very big and don't let in much light so the room was kind of dark and really hard to see well in at night. But the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed with a huge tub (big enough for two! ). The shower is pretty small with a narrow opening. Breakfast was very good. A cold buffet and choices of hot items as well to order. The only thing we were really disappointed in was dinner in the Dungeon. The service was excellent. You start out in the library/bar where they offer you a drink and will take your order there. After they bring out an Amuse Bouche for you to have before leading you down to the dining area. This was where is went downhill food wise. The food was very mediocre. The lobster starter was mushy and not appetizing. I had the foil gras which was nice and hot but put over some kind of cold jelly atop some cold mashed potatoes I think. Really not very good. The mains were also just meh. My husband had the lamb which was sliced and served over something (can't remember what). It was ok. I had the vegetable ravioli which consisted of a lump of mashed veggies wrapped inside a large piece of pasta. It was too much veggie mush, like a large ice cream scoop size. Would be better with smaller ravioli so you don't get forkfuls of mush. I don't remember the desserts we had.
All in all, this is a nice place with very professional staff and we would come again. Just not eat dinner there.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My husband and I had our Wedding August 29th at Dalhousie Castle. We sincerely appreciate the wonderful attention and process flow the day of our wedding. It was a most memorable experience, and we have received feedback from friends/family that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. It was a very special day. Keep up the great work!

Thank you!
Katherine

Room Tip: Every room in the castle is unique and has a theme. I saw a few while there, and you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Me and my husband went to castle Dalhousie with close friends to celebrate our anniversarys. The castle is amazing. But don't have a evening meal. Our first night it took two hrs for us to finish , in the end we had got too hungry to enjoy it. So the second night we said we would try the orangery because of the bad experience we had in the dungeon. It was worse we sat down . One of the staff came over with wine list. Half hr later I asked for a jug of water because wasn't asked if we wanted a drink . Yet again it took ages for our first course to come. And for our second course we all ordered steak, wen it finally arrived , we hadn't any steak knives my husband had asked for steak with blue Stilton cheese sauce on it what he got was a cold piece of steak and a slab of blue cheese on the top. Every one in our party's meals was cold. To be hoses we left the table. We will never go back there again.

Room Tip: Room 14 is lovely but no lifts on 4th floor no one to help with bags
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 58TA61
Reviewed 26 September 2017

For a 200 pound room, the bed was super saggy, with a hole in middle of the mattress and I was given a room the lowest floor (basically the basement) so view was terrible. The common rooms were lovely especially the library.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not in the basement!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Brilliant venue.The staff were attentive, alert and worked really hard. The rooms excellent. The food was delicious at both wedding and breakfasts.
First class atmosphere. It all just worked.
My only criticism was the lack of proper real ales.I also think the management expect an awful lot of their staff, They were clearly stretched to the limit. That is an observation and not a criticism of them. They are first class.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family