My wife and I stayed here with another couple. We were really looking forward to a great experience staying in a room like the ones shown on the website. We arrived a little after 6PM, and were told we got the last two rooms available. To say my wife and I were disappointed in our room was an understatement! It was not much bigger than a standard hotel room, and for a "theme room" it sure didn't seem to have much of a theme. There was a foyer adjoining the main room with a small bed for children. The bathroom was nothing special, and had puddles on the floor when we checked in. The toilet tank was leaking and could not be fixed that night. A nice hotel employee tried to contain the leak with some towels, but they were soaked through by the morning. By comparison, our friends had a very nice, large room with a giant tub separate from the shower, and a nice spacious sitting area and a study-type area, so we saw what the room we expected looked like. The rooms were priced the same, but for people without children the value was in no way comparable. The lady at the front desk was quite unsympathetic to our concerns and made a lame attempt to explain the "theme" of our room. However, dinner and breakfast were fabulous, though, and the service in the dining rooms was generally very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie