Loch Rannoch Highland Club
Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel(Kinloch Rannoch)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$86
  • Pool
Dunalastair Hotel Suites(Kinloch Rannoch)
US$166
Fortingall Hotel(Fortingall)
US$225
The Kenmore Club by Diamond Resorts(Kenmore)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$95
Breadalbane Arms(Aberfeldy)
US$64
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Perth A9(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$42
Travelodge
Atholl Arms Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Moness Resort(Aberfeldy)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
  • Pool
All reviewsrannoch stationclan nightred deergreat weekvillage shopenclosed balconyguided walkcrystal glassesstudio apartmenttime sharenever tirewelcome meetingfish and chip vannearest townrefurbished lodgewhole weeklarge conservatory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Stunning lodge, recently refurbished - spotless with everything we needed including fluffy towels and white linen, and lovely decor. Amazing views from the lounge and conservatory (although we stayed in the lounge which was warmer) Gorgeous location, Loch Rannoch is beautiful,

Well worth the drive and we easily found places to eat although a distance away we enjoyed every moment of the beautiful scenic drives to the little towns and villages in the area. Aberfeldy and Pitlochry are charming and abound in lovely places to eat. The little shop in Kinloch Rannoch has all the basics you would need.

The resort was quiet, which we enjoyed as we felt very relaxed and truly able to switch off. Our kids enjoyed the spacious unit and walks down to the Loch to skim/throw stones and try spot Loch monsters!)
The sauna was a nice treat.

Very memorable holiday! We would love to return to enjoy this wonderful part of the world again!

1  Thank Miss-Bushveld
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We had booked a 4 night stay but upon arrival were dissatisfied by both the offered accommodation and response from the receptionist, so we did not stay. The car park had not been cleared of snow and required such a sharp angle of entry that it was unsafe to use it. As well, the driveways, pathways and stairs had not been cleared of ice and snow. As the accommodation was at the top of a hill and also a flight of stairs, we felt it was unsafe. We were offered another unit but upon inspection noted similar problems. We also heard low flying jet planes and helicopters and when I asked the receptionist about the noise, she sarcastically replied that it was caused by the planes in the sky. We left at that point, as we felt that even if they had organised to clear the ice and snow that day, it would not have been maintained as well as the disrespectful staff member we encountered. Remember who your customer is and deal with concerns in a respectful way.

6  Thank Goatfishbull
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at Loch Rannoch Highland Club. We had both my parents, my wife and our son (15 months old) and our 2 year old spaniel. We all had a wonderful time (especially the dog). Thoroughly enjoyed it. The lodge was spotlessly clean and all the staff have been helpful and friendly.

If you're unaware all activities are free.

I cannot recommend the guided walk high enough, Steve has tremendous knowledge of the local area and history. Total time 3 hours.

The whisky tasting was yet again another treat. Book early as it is limited seats.

The only constructive criticism I have is that the master bedroom en suite could do with upgrading, the water pressure is quite low and the wifi is non exciting. Those points aside it's been a fantastic week. Waking up each morning to fantastic views and a warm house. After speaking to the office they said they will sort these issues out ASAP.

The walks around the local area are easily accessible, walking past the swimming pool the gate to the left by the hotel is a nice short walk into town. Another short but steeper walk is right past the laundrette across the makeshift bridge up and to the right, follow it up behind the lodges and it brings you our by the swimming pool.

Longer walks require a short drive to the other side of the Loch, there are plenty to choose from.

We also attended the St andrews night, again had a great time.

All in all a great week we will be returning.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I used a Timeshare swap to book the Loch Rannoch Highland Club and stayed in Red Squirrel 6 unit. It was very well equipped, with everything you would need for self catering. The decor was similar to other timeshare places we had visited in Scotland, lots of wood, tartan and tweed. The place was spotlessly clean. There is a laundry on site which comes in handy if you are there for a week. The only slight downside for me was the remoteness of the resort. I knew it was off the beaten track, so to speak, but unfortunately the roads into the place were not a pleasant driving experience, which meant that we choose not to travel too far. We visited the bar in the hotel for a drink one night and seen people eating and I must say the food looked nice. A small improvement would be if the people staying in the Highland club could use the pool at the hotel, even at a charge. All in all a lovely week but the driving conditions were an issue for us.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I think I've found this to be a most difficult review to write. At the outset, can I say that I thought the accommodation was very good. We were at the highest "level", in the Red Deer block. The accommodation is quite old (our neighbour said she'd been going there for 40+ years), so the "fabric" is in need of a little TLC. However, everything we wanted was to hand - it was very clean, comfortable and warm (even in the snow! - although there was a small charge for heating). The "conservatory" looking out over the loch and the mountains was great.
It's not for those with mobility problems as there are quite a few sets of steps to negotiate and its about 250 yards downhill to the hotel , with a subsequent walk back up to the apartment. Staff were very polite and friendly.
However, there is a "BUT" and I consider it to be a major "BUT", - the hotel is spectacularly situated above Loch Rannoch and is quite remote ( although the village, with some services, is close). It's situation and remoteness comes at a cost - actually getting there. As we weren't allowed in to the property until 5.00pm, our drive-in (from Pitlochry) started at dusk with the low-level sun in my eyes. I am quite ok with single track roads, with passing places but this road seemed, at times. to be less than 2 car widths and with very few passing places. Added to this was the fact that huge logging wagons and, indeed, tarmac wagons (as there were extensive roadworks taking place) regularly came hurtling towards us.. The road has some significant drops off to the loch, hairpins and hills. This was a nightmare journey lasting about 50 minutes and I consider it to be difficult driving.. To be fair, we did try again, in daylight, and this was slightly better. By the latter part of our week, we had been advised that an alternative route to the A9 was available, driving farther to the north. I will confirm that this was a slightly better route , albeit longer.
If I had been rating the accommodation alone, I would have given it a good 4 stars but I have marked it down to 3 stars due to the driving difficulties.
We had dinner in the bar of the sister hotel twice during our stay. It was a tad on the expensive side but very good, particularly the fish platter. Not for everyday eating but very nice as a bit of a treat.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple