“Have a few days away ”

Duke of York
Ranked #17 of 35 Restaurants in Ilminster
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: European, British
Description: Traditional English Pub set in the beautiful village of Shepton Beauchamp, South Somerset.
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere a beautiful sleepy chocolate box village with really friendly local people. Lovely restaurant and rooms great hosts and amazing food. Well worth a stay if you are in the area or even just take a trip there to enjoy the Sunday lunch. Thank you Paul, Hayley and family for the fab welcome.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Nice community pub in quiet village. The Sunday carvery is generous (beef or pork) and well supported with all the trimmings. Beats a lot of work back home.

The beer - Otter Bright - served far too cold for my taste. It wasn't until I had completely polished off my plate that I was able to enjoy the character of this fine ale. Quite put me off a second.

If you walk over the hill above the pub car park a splendid vista of the early Elizabethan house, Barrington Court (a Wolf Hall filming location) will hove into view, and then you can march down again..

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I stayed here for ten nights and ate in the restaurant almost every evening. The food was of an exceptional standard, beautifully presented with attentive chef and kitchen staff. I had a different meal each evening and every meal was a delight. Good sized portions and great value for money. I would recommend that you try the duck in the chef's own port and orange sauce. Vegetables in season and locally sourced so a real taste of Somerset.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

Not your average pub food but something much better fresh ingredients and a proper Chef all served in a traditional pub, it doesn't get much better

Reviewed 24 December 2015

On the 19th December 15, my wife and I together with two friends went here to listen and sing along with Kingsbury Episcopi Band as they played Christmas Carols and songs. We also had a meal. The service was excellent even though the place was very full. The meals were well prepared, well presented and very good to eat. Good choice of wines to have with our meals. The sweets were also very good and very nice to eat.
The evening was a great success and we came away, full and pleased with our sing
along.