“Wonderful food, charming family restaurant.”

Restoran Santa Maria
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Stari Grad
Cuisines: Croatian
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I got a hot tip to visit this restaurant. So happy we went. A lovely family run restaurant serving the best food I've had in Hvar to date. Quite simply the best grilled squid I've ever eaten, some local goats cheese that's flavour was deep and rich and my wife had an amazing seafood risotto.

Everything was perfect. Highly recommend people taking a few minutes off the main road to sample this beautiful restaurant.

They rent rooms too!

1  Thank Alex C

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Family owned place with perfect service and a lot of food that is from their own production. Goat cheeses and hams to take as starters with their own brandy as aperitiffs. Their own wines are perfect. One can buy both cheeses, brandies and other thing they produce. One should book a table if you plan to come in the evening around 8PM and especially if you are many, as we were. My best recommendations! We'll come back soon.

3  Thank Milos1965
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I have eaten at Restoran Santa Maria many times with friends and clients and the food is consistently excellent. Fresh, authentic and delicious! My favorite dishes are the zucchini soup and grilled meat -- don't skip sopping up the meat juices with the homemade bread! They always make me feel at home when I am there. Go and enjoy the food, people, and wonderful atmosphere!

2  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

... one of our favorite places in Croatia to eat. Great local cuisine and wines. Seafood and meat dishes from the wood fired grill were excellent

2  Thank kocholu2307
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Recommended by owner if car rental place. Fresh tasty food in the inland of Hvar. Family owned and operated. Very quiet, except for sounds of farm animals. Nice outdoor setting and tables. Very clean. Other families there at same time were British and Croatian and everyone seemed to be enjoying the food. We got the standard fixed price menu. Excellent grilled meat and vegetables.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member