“Friendly atmosphere and friendly staff”
Review of La Bucca

La Bucca
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Dunboyne
Price range: US$12 - US$47
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Bucca Dunboyne is the third La Bucca Restaurant to open in county Meath in 2010. All our restaurants follow the same basic principles of serving good quality, freshly prepared food at value for money prices in clean, stylish surroundings.
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

La Bucca has been our favourite restaurant in Dunboyne since it first opened its doors a few years ago. There is always a great atmosphere, the service is always friendly and efficient and the food, without exception is always delicious.
We were there on Friday night, the 24th of June. We had our favourite table over by the window. To start I had chilled avocado soup which was new to the menu. It was fresh and delicious, although the portion was probably a bit on the large size. (Not a bad complaint to have really). My husband had a prawn starter which he loved too.
For mains, my husband had a fillet steak which he said on more than one occasion was absolutely delicious. Succulent and juicy and cooked just as he had asked. I had my favourite Don Aldo pizza. You might thing "Pizza? That's a bit boring!" But you would be very wrong. Don Aldo is like Peking Duck on a pizza. Shredded duck, hoi sin sauce, spring onions, ginger, pickled cucumber etc. Delicious!
Sadly I had no room left for my favourite sticky toffee pudding. Next time.
La Bucca has something for everyone, pizza, pasta, sea food, burgers and there are always specials to choose from too.
It's family friendly, but is also ideal for large groups or for a romantic meal for two.
I'm looking forward to our next visit already.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Our daughter had a pizza party here for her 9th birthday on a Thursday from 4-6pm. There were 10 kids in total & Ruth had no problem keeping them engaged. Everything was well organised. They all got hats and aprons to wear. They were given crayons to customise their hats. They all had good fun & enjoyed eating the pizzas that they had made themselves. I'd definitely recommend this as something different to do for a kid's birthday party. The cost was €12.50 per child which included ice cream & jugs of squash & water. We brought the cake.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Second time eating here and I wasn't disappointed. The children adored the food especially the doughballs and the pizza. Food was amazing great atmosphere good service and good value for money. Looking forward to returning again

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Had Dinner here last evening, the food was excellent and our server Alison was brilliant, she could have a career showing servers had to do it right. The location is not great and it's in the first floor with entrance up narrow stairs as in standard house stairs, had to wait for a family to exit to gain entry. Prices were high in my opinion. The dining room is ok nothing special and our table was badly worn and a table cloth would have improved the situation. Would I recommend it? Yes for food and service otherwise no.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I have been here a number of times food is very good,great value for money. They do an early bird menu called a tennerfest.