“Exquisite ”

Dan Phils Restaurant
Price range: US$29 - US$59
Description: New a la carte restaurant with a French twist, using local and Irish fresh products.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Top class fine dining restaurant attached to the Ouvane Falls in Ballylickey. Not my first time eating here and if I lived locally I would treat myself more often. This time we had prawns, rib eye, turbot, cheeseboard and the most devine chocolate marquis I have ever had, in fact the best dessert I've ever had. The food was presented beautifully and every bite was mouthwatering. The setting is beautiful with great sea views all around, service is excellent, the waiter was exceptional & nothing was too much trouble. The chef called out from the kitchen and met with every table after their meal. Bantry is very lucky to have such a delicious restaurant on their doorstep. Cannot wait to return next year.

1  Thank Rox09

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on Dan Phils & what a find
Starters of beetroot & tomato salad & smoked salmon were top class
Mains of prawns & rib eye steak were equally impressive
Super service from Rachel & chef Chris stopped by our table later.
If in the area this restaurant is a must to visit, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

What a good recommendation. This restaurant is in a beautiful setting and very cosy with a friendly staff.
We were a big party of 14 persons and the choice on the menu was varied and pleased everybody. And was served really well for such a large party.
I had heard the chef was very competent and ordered monk fish which I never do as it's often over cooked. Here it was perfect. As was the rack of lamb as were the steaks etc. Starters and desert were equally good.
The chef came to talk to us at the end of the evening and helped us identify some herbs that were used in the various dishes. Which was good fun and interesting for us.
We will be back

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Our B&B in Ballylickey was right across the street, and being totally worn out from traveling were thrilled to find Dan Phil's was a short walk. We would have eaten there regardless of the food. The hostess greeted us very warmly, and the dining room has a beautiful view of the water. Dining out can be a bit of a problem for us, since we are vegetarians, but there were two vegetarian entrees on the menu, and both were absolutely excellent. I can't remember the dishes, but I do remember the French chef coming out to check on everything, which is a really nice touch for a classy restaurant. All of the bread is baked in house, the butter was awesome, the drinks were perfect. If you are in the area do no miss out on this restaurant!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant in great setting. Very nice French chef who came and spoke to us afterwards and told me how to cook a couple things from menu - very good chef, we all really enjoyed his cooking and it was all good value.