All reviews one night very nice hotel stay there again rooms are clean daughter fiera business tasty malpensa firm selection
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

There is a saying that you don't sleep in a restaurant and you don't eat in a hotel but at the Hotel Monica Fiera this so-called truism could not be further from the truth - we had the most delectable meal and in fact the whole week we ate unbelievably well accompanied by fine wines like the one evening we had a beautiful Barolo and a spaghetti carbonara literally to die for the chef worked in a one star Michelin restaurant before coming across to the hotel the edifice itself is architect designed and altogether the experience of staying here is superior in every way!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Very nice hotel, friendly staff and good restaurant on premises. Very friendly and helpful personnel. Better location for Malpensa then Linate airport. Rooms are clean and well kept. Parking lot is free

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We booked a double and a triple room for two days and the end of July. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There was a lot of variety and very good food for breakfast. The parking was great. Just a note, if you arrive late and the gate is closed, just ring the buzzer and someone at the front desk will open the gate. The only minor complaint was the loud AC in one of the rooms, but not bad enough to keep you awake. Overall, would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights for our trip to the world expo. The hotel was a long way away from Linate airport and cost 60 euros to get there by taxi. At first, when we got to the room it smelt really bad and was very old fashioned and dirty, so we reported to the front desk and got moved to a room on the 3rd floor which was much more modern and clean than the previous one.

We did not realise the bottled water in the room was free, so my Dad asked for water and he handed my Dad two bottles of water in glass in a friendly way. We thought they were free and was happy until we looked at the final bill and it came to 6 euros for the water. We were a bit shocked, and unlike other hotels they do not provide water for free after you've finished the water in your room. I felt greatly ripped off by this. Moreover, on one day we ordered a taxi through the hotel to the train station, which was less than 5 minutes including the traffic light stop - which added up to 15 Euros!! And, when we left the hotel and ordered a taxi from the lady at the reception to the airport, the taxi fare came to be 92 Euros!! I did not expect to be ripped off like this so badly, especially after talking to some Italian acquaintances who explained how taxis do not cost that much.

The room was relatively small, and when we arrived back from the expo at night the gate was always kept closed so we had to walk a really long way around the road to the front entrance - we always got lost because of poor signage. The breakfast was okay even though there was not much variety. We also tried the set dinner at the restaurant - 23 Euros per person. The food there was pretty good however the main meal (pork loin) was tough and dry - but that would be the highlight of the visit. Rude waiter too.

The price of the hotel per night was 125 Euros, which I thought was a complete ripoff compared to many other hotels I have stayed in around the world.

However, the garden was nice and I liked the lobby decor.

Overall, I left this hotel unsatisfied at the end of the trip and after this experience I do not want to return to Italy again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I spent one night here for business, and it was by far the nicest hotel I stayed at during my one-week European trip. Rooms were spacious, clean and quiet, breakfast was good, and the hotel bar was a nice place to meet co-workers.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business