“I come to pay my respect”
Review of Don Vincenzo - CLOSED

Don Vincenzo
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 2 December 2014 via mobile

We dropped into this place in Fitzroy, it had the vibe. The staff were friendly and accommodating. We had the tapas which was creative and plentiful.

The Long Is Iced teas helped wash it down nicely.

Small place but I would recommend it for the staff and the vibe it had.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The posters on the wall reflect old time Europe. The bar and furniture make a good attempt at a 60s Roman cafe. The food is good. But there are problems.

It's clear that this is a one man show and the boss operates with the control management approach of decades past. The staff defer to him, which limits their proactive customer service. I'm guessing, but there is a sense of fear when they are around him. Plus, they got my coffee order wrong.

Yet the food was very good. Hearty, tasty and worth coming for. I didn't like my coffee but my wife had no problem with hers.

A somewhat odd experience topped off with the little margarine portions provided in commercial plastic containers with silver foil rather than ceramic.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with some friends for some pasta. We were seated very close to the open kitchen and during the course of the night I saw two cockroaches , one crawling up the wall near the dish washing facilities and one crawling around on the floor. The staff seemed oblivious to this. That being said, the Ragu pasta was quite tasty, so it was a shame to spot insects in an otherwise charming Italian restaurant. My friends meals were also quite tasty, them being the siciliana pasta and a pizza. No split bills unfortunately which is a pain.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were on our way to Mario's next door but found it to busy and a bit pricey foot lunch so popped in next door to Don Vicenzo. warm atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious tapas. we had the ravioli, and the lamb kofta. Great range of options, also served full meals.
Toilet was disappointingly cramped and dirty, best avoid!!!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Found this place while wandering around looking for a brunch location. The orange juice was more of an orange shake and was very good. I ordered the green eggs (pesto and eggs) and ham which was spectacular, my husband had one of the skillets which he enjoyed and our friend had the corn fritters which was tasty. They don’t allow for split checks. The decor was also very pretty with a french feel.