“Magnifique!”

Ranked #5 of 305 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

I suggested this place to another visiting Francophile from Brisbane. Wow, what a find! A genuine French bistro in funky Fitzroy - right down to the prix fixe lunch menu and the handful of superbly executed dishes.
We both had the mackarel with succulent, meaty flakes followed by classic desserts - tarte tatin and a (huge) silky smooth creme brulee. Sublime! I was transported right to the heart of Paris.
Merci beaucoup et joyeux premier anniversaire pour le 16 fevrier

Reviewed 7 January 2017

I held my birthday at Bon Ap. I couldn't have been happier- excellent food, faultless, friendly service and excellent value for money. The atmosphere in rear courtyard was fantastic and all of my guests had a great night. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Bon Ap for lunch whilst touring the Fitzroy precinct.

We ordered a charcuterie with some extra cheese.

It was excellent. The proprietor was a French guy who was very friendly and chatty.

Service from both him and his waitress was first class.

Food came to 36 aud drinks were 15 aud. Good value.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We had the two course set lunch - there is a three corse option and a la carte. I had snails and a pepper steak - both excellent as were the rillettes and the fish. French staff, very authentic food, great atmosphere and service

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Stopped in with my wife for emergency coffee fix. Lovely decor and friendly staff encouraged us to sit down and enjoy a croissant as well. felt like we were in Paris. Coffee was absolutely supurb and will definately drop in again if lucky to be in the area.