Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
4,061 results
All reviews piano bar gran canaria bottle of wine sun loungers branded drinks pool area puerto mogan main restaurant evening entertainment late breakfast plenty of choice waiter service self service plenty of sunbeds great holiday at lunchtime premium package
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2019

This was our second stay at the Princess Suite Hotel, our first after the room refurbishments, and we were really impressed and really enjoyed our stay. Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted with a glass of wine and what I can only describe as the friendliest receptionist ever named Gabriel who checked us in quickly and gave us loads of information to take away.

When we got to our room we were amazed just how good it was. One of the best we have ever stayed in and it was nice to see a bottle of wine waiting for us as well as bottles of water and some nibbles, much better than our last visit! Whilst we were getting unpacked we had a knock at the door and was greeted by a concierge with a bottle of rum and a box of chocolates as a welcome gift to the hotel. I have stayed in plenty of hotels across the world but I have never been given a welcome gift like this before.

Although the room was amazing and we loved it there were a couple of little niggles for us but they weren’t bad enough for us to complain or mention to reception as we assumed these would have been the same across all rooms but for us the Air Conditioning was poor. On full it didn’t blow out far and it also spat water out. Our only other niggle was the fridge and it not being very cold. We kept our bottles of water in there as well as a bottle of coke for us to drink in the room at night however they never got very cold but like I said both were only little things and didn’t ruin the stay for us.

Food in the hotel was great for the most part. Breakfast was varied and fresh and there never seemed to be big queues for it. Lunch time was a bit hit and miss though with the quality and most days when we went for something to eat the food hadn’t been re-stocked or had been sat there a while. Luckily we only ate light at lunch time and what we had was fine. For evening meal, the food was varied, hot and was bought out fresh at regular intervals.

My only gripe for evening meal was the need for men to wear pants. Which meant I had to go up to the room to change to eat and then back to the room to change again to go back down as I didn’t want to sit in long pants for the evening. Not sure why this is a requirement when we had a number of women walking around in very small shorts and revealing tops. Can anyone explain why I can’t wait my respectable shorts or ¾ pants?

As an adult only hotel there were no kids running around and hogging the pool so was perfect for us but a couple of things to make prospect holiday makers aware of is people do smoke at the poolside area which was off putting for us as non-smokers and on one occasion two couples next to us lit up and we had to move as we were getting the smoke blown onto us. Also there were quite a lot of women topless; might not be an issue for everyone but some people may be offended by it; not us we just looked the other way but something people should know about incase they are offended.

To summarise we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Princess Suite Hotel. From the amazing welcome and friendliness of the staff to the new refurbished rooms and all the available facilities we can’t recommend this hotel enough. It wasn’t perfect but it was close to it, If I could I would give 4.5 / 5 Stars !!!!!

Positives:
• Welcome/Greeting/Gifts on arrival
• Gabriel – such a friendly and happy guy
• All Staff dealt with were welcoming and friendly
• The refurbished rooms – loved the shower!!!!
• Cleanliness of the hotel

Negatives:
• Air Conditioning in the room not the best
• Fridge not very cold
• Smoking at poolside
• Lunch time food not that great compared to the breakfast and evening meals

Cant wait to go back :)

Room tip: Ask for a sea view room with a balcony high up, the sun hit our room from 11am until it went down
3  Thank Jellyman77
Reviewed 10 September 2019

Honestly, not as described by Tui.i thought I had arrived at the wrong hotel. The male at reception was the most rude and arrogant individual that I have came across on my travels. Check-in was processed quickly and pile of info sheets were handed to me along with the room cards. No welcome drink or pleasantries. The reception area is worn and tired nothing says 5T, maybe the sea view through the big cloudy windows?

My room was on a high floor with small balcony. On entry it looked lovely ...it was extremely clean but on closer inspection the walls were cracked, water marks on the ceiling and light fittings hanging loose.The bathroom again very clean - ,but old marble with chips on the floor and walls. Decoration within the room reminds you of being in a hairdressers..with the main wall having a picture of a girl with back-combed hair. The double bed was comfortable.
I experienced water coming from the ceiling/light fitting in the room. A trade's man attended within 10mins and removed a lot of water from the ceiling. No acknowledgement from the hotel that this spoilt the evening !!

Pool/sun bathing area - think sardines in a tin. Sun loungers are lined in a military style with 10cm gaps between. Most parasols are fixed to the ground, can be difficult to get shade No poolside service, which is Aqua gym most mornings - great workout. Beware of the slippy pool sides and floor with the build up of people's suntan lotion.

Main restaurant - the food was good but it felt as thou you were in a hugh canteen. Like the sunbeds the tables are lined in a military style with small space in between. Some people squeeze thru the tables going back and forward to the buffet and you end up getting bumped while eating. Not relaxing at meal times and its very noisy .

Next door is a water park which can be very noisy. Behind that there is a stage area where families attend at night. Accoustics travel the noise to rooms allocated on the east side - horrendous till 10pm

Beach/lido area grotty - cigarette butts everywhere, cracked tiles on ground.
Would I return? N0 I feel as thou Tui breach the Sale of Goods Act selling this holiday as the hotel is not up to quality for a 4star. The hotel is old and tired inside and out.

The hotel needs vast improvement I give a star each for food/drink, bar staff and house keeping.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank isabella m
Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed here last week for a week on a much needed vacation.
Would give it 5 stars but have a few issues that were avoidable.
The hotel is situated on a lovely seafront with a small but superb beach.
All of the rooms overlook the sea (a big plus).
The all inclusive offering is top class. The drinks the food the entertainment are all of a high quality although the food after day 4 was a tad repetitive and all began to taste the same.
The staff were flawless. Roman in the piano bar was particularly epic.

We had an issue on our first full day in that we were mistold information regarding the safe key which led to us not being able to use the safe for 1 full day.
After returning from breakfast we were planning to inform the reception desk that we couldn't access the safe but alas it was too late as we had noticed that €100 was missing from my wallet that I had left hidden under folded clothing in the closet.
I should have kept on my person but I was tired from an 11 hour journey to get there.
Reception while very polite were very dismissive and couldn't really care less. I also got the impression they weren't that surprised leading me to believe it was an ongoing issue.
They did however rectify the misinformation regarding the key and were able to utilise the safe from day two on.
The rep (TUI) was a little more understanding and rebuked the desk.

The other issue was that the air conditioning was totally ineffictive unless you left it on at full tilt 24 hours a day as it was little more than a glorified fan.
As a result the room which was fantastic and huge was extremely hot especially at night.

All in all I'd recommend this hotel if you are looking a quiet relaxing break (not a lot to do locally) but I would put all valuables and money in the safe before doing anything else.

Enjoyed it but I don't think I'd return due to lack of things to do locally and a very bland barren surrounding area.
Beach the weather the views and the pool were the big winners.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KennyStr
Reviewed 8 September 2019

Hotel was supposed to be upgraded. It just look like a botch job with a lick of paint and some unattractive photos on the walls. Our room was very dark on the 9th floor . The bathroom was grubby and basically everywhere else in the room needed modernising. The staff at the hotel were the most unavailable and unfriendly I have ever come across. The food was absolutely awful. Luke warm. You are crammed next to other guests at dinner, most uncomfortable. This is a below average hotel. We will not be returning!

Room tip: Top floor ask for a bigger balcony. Ours was small and dark.
Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2019 via mobile

We had a great week at the suite princess and would definitely consider coming back again.
Check is was pretty speedy but we managed to be at the front of the queue. We were offered a glass of cava which was a nice touch. We had a room on level 8 which was good as the balcony’s are not very secluded so being near the top meant less people overlooking you.

The rooms were really spacious and the balcony large which 2 sun beds a table and 2 chairs. We slept well in the beds and the aircon kept the room a good temperature . (You can’t set the temperature yourself it simply has 3 speeds)

We were impressed with the food and was probably one of the best we have come across at an all inclusive. Please don’t listen to anyone who says their is nothing to eat and remember you are in a Spanish island so a lot of the food is fish and seafood. There are still the staple of pasta, chips and a variety of salad to keep anyone happy.

The drinks were good although sometimes it depended on who was making them! You are offered full and half bottles of wine at lunch and dinner which is great and better than the self service you usually get.
We did not get too involved in the entertainment so can’t really comment but the guys in the piano bar always seemed to attract a good crowd.

We found the sub beds round the pool area a little close together for our liking but there are some quieter spots. It is also a shame there is not outside bar (drinks are served from the tapas bar) pool towels are provided in your room and can be changed at the shop twice in a week.

The gym was small but had all you needed and did not get too busy. It was not air conditioned so was as hot as hell so I would recommend bringing a towel down.

The only suggestion I would like to make is to the breakfast team making omelettes, if these could be done on the griddle instead of a pan you could make multiple ones at a time abs make it much quicker.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple