“Clean and friendly”
Review of Gypsy Inn

Gypsy Inn
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Helpful, friendly staff, nice and clean bathroom. I shared a double in the main house. The canal is right in front of it. Boats kept passing by all day starting early in the morning, but I slept well in spite of their motors. Very good breakfast.

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the main building are nicer, the ones towards the canal are louder but you can...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 February 2015

My own experience- three stays spread over a 14 year timespan- remains very positive:
on my last trip, the town was very busy with new tourists and the owner managed to arrange for me to share a room. He's always arranged good value boat trips and is generous with advice and has twice ferried me free of charge to the junction. The rooms I stayed in were good value and even though at the front once, I wasn't disturbed by the boat engines.

It's great to sit on the balcony overlooking the river; breakfast was fine and I was very surprised to read some negative comments here- not my own experience at all. Also there was an excellent guide called Thar Nge based here- dunno if he still is.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 nights there and arrived the first night around 5am. The owner accepted to give us the room before normal check-in ;-) the room was good size, clean and ok for the price. The noise is the only bad point we had during our stay..bring earplugs and you will spend good nights. The breakfast was the best we had in Myanmar (pancakes, fruits, toasts, tea/coffee)
Internet was also the best we had with a connection almost as good as few small cities in Europe.
Definitely go there as rhe location is good as well but maybe go for a quiet room if you can pay a bit more.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

Breakfast is poor and hotel a bit expensive. 25 usd /double. Internet often does not allow to connect your phone so unusable. Bugs in the bed.

Would rather stay somewhere else

...............................................
................

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2014

The location is great - close to the pier of Inle Lake. The hotel manager organizes shared boat trips for the guests since each boat takes up to 5 or 6 people. The price for the boat is just the same or even cheaper than other places (14000k) and you still have his help to share the cost!

They have two buildings. The cheap and old building was full so I had to take a double room in the new building (20U$/night). I guarantee you it is impossible to get a better deal in the city in november since most places were full or extremely expensive, however I wish to have paid less and stayed at the low budget backpackers building.

My room had fans, clean towels, big private bathroom. Breakfast was included: omelet/fried eggs + bananas + pancakes + butter/jam toasts + coffee/tea. The room at the first floor had noisy electrical system. Everytime I turned the lights on a cricket sound started. We told them during our stay, so it is probably fixed by now.

I was there in November 2014. They have a little kid (about 6years old) that is ADORABLE and outgoing. He plays with the guests if they are up to. if you hate kids, maybe (just maybe) you should consider going somewhere else)

Room Tip: The room at the first floor had noisy electrical system. We told them during our stay, so it is prob...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends