US$77
US$56
US$42
US$78
  • Breakfast included
VILLA INLE spa resort(Nyaungshwe)
US$108
Inle Apex Hotel(Nyaungshwe)(Great Value!)
US$23
All reviewstoastroom was cleaneggsbudget optioninle lakehot showerboat tourfamily runair connoodlesnight busbackpackersdormitorywifipowerhostelbanana
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I slept in the dorms and it was just great.
The shower worked just fine, breakfast was really good, and you can also rent bicycle for the day if you want. The place is located just on the river so it can be a bit loud in
the morning but other than that the place provide a great value for your money.
Highly recommended especially for solo backpackers!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I stayed in the dorm for 6USD per night. I checked around and this was so far the best value for money. The breakfast is really good, you get; toast, shan noddles, eggs, pancake, fresh fruits, coffee and tea. The room was clean and air-con worked really well. The staff is really helpful and you can book bus and boat tour from here.

Only down side was the WIFI it only worked in the reception area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed us to check into our room at 5am. The rooms are clean, spacious and have little sections next to the bed for backpacks. The dorms are ensuite as well as extra toilets and showers down the hall. The wifi was a bit hit and miss but that is to be expected with power cuts across the town. The hotel is well places near a lake and a road full of restaurants.

(We also hired bikes for 1500 kyat)

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I was hesitant to book a room here because of so many bad budget options in Myanmar but Gypsy inn is possibly the best budget option in town. Located right on the water with great helpful staff Gypsy inn is a deal for any and all backpackers or budget travelers. The breakfast is Amazing! Quite possibly the best free hostel breakfast I've had in 10+ years of travel. Lots of food to fill you up for a day of adventures. They helped us book a boat tour of the lake that was wonderful and has good deals on bus tickets. Book a night for the price, stay longer for everything else! Thank you Gypsy Inn!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Learning from my lessons in Bagan and Mandalay, I decided to book my accommodation via booking.com prior to my trip to Inle Lake and Nyaung Shwe. Reading through the reviews at Tripadvisor, I decided to opt for Gypsy Inn.

The bus from Bagan alighted me at the town entrance of Nyaung Shwe at about 5.30 am. It was freezing cold that morning and the town looked quiet with little activities. I asked around the locals who directed me the way and it was a 20 mins walk from where I alighted.

The location of the Inn is excellent. The front gate is just few steps from the jetty and you can see boats moored by the riverside and the locals and tourists traveling out to the lake from here.

The rate of this Inn was US$8/- a night for a dormitory bed. Breakfast is inclusive. The Inn also arranged boat ride at 15000 kyats but when I was at the jetty, a promoter offered me an exclusive solo boat ride for 14000 kyats. I immediately took the offer and departed for the tour at the lake at 7.30 am. When I returned at 2.30 pm, it was right time for check-in. The check-in time if I remember correctly was 2 pm.

The room was clean with 6 beds. The shared bathroom and toilet was within the room and it was clean. I fell on the bed after the bath and knocked out for almost 3 hours due to the exhaustion; the lack of sleep on board the night bus and out for the boat ride the whole morning.

The breakfast was sumptuous with pancake, Shan noodles, watermelon slices, banana, scrambled egg and toast breads. The staff was courteous and smiling though not all can communicate in English. The owner was very helpful and responsible. His Inn business seem to be family run with his son in law at the counter most of the time. His son in law was also very helpful advising on the route and bus to Yangon.

For a budget traveler, this Inn suits my budget and satisfaction.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo