“A basic motel. Expect no more.”
Review of H2 Sant Cugat

H2 Sant Cugat
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The good
- Nice sized rooms
- Large king size beds
- Good WiFi
- Reasonable working space
- Clean

The less good
- Very basic
- Basic bed (not very comfortable, though I know I am spoiled and used to better)
- Basic furnishings, e.g. rigid plastic desk chair... not uncomfortable per se, but not a good way to sit and work for a few hours

The bad
- Inadequate check-in staff... colleagues had to wait 40+ minutes to get checked in when arriving at the hotel at 7pm
- MInibars aren't cold. When I said that mine wasn't working and I wanted a different room, I was told that all are the same and that they're not refrigerators. But if the complementary bottle of water is at room temperature in a minibar, why bother? BTW, the receptionist did offer to store my food in a refrigerator in the bar area, so from a customer service perspective, that was good.
- Cheap, rough toilet paper

Bottom line - cheap and cheerful. Good value for money. But motel. Not what I'd call a business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 May 2017

The rooms are OK, but sometimes I had to change the room as the air conditioning was failing.
The bar was OK and the personnel was very friendly; the selection of drinks is however "medium" and the food selection is even "very basic fast food".
The breakfast buffet is well, but sometimes suffers from "temporary losses" of butter or marmalade or other food items, that could be purchased across the street ....
The dry cleaning service (from an outside vendor) is not worth its price; the shirts came back not well ironed.
The free WLAN worked mainly in the lobby but not in the long corridors upstairs ...

P.S.: Every day the local police force is gathering there for a coffee break, etc. ; so you are perfectly protected with police cars in front of the Hotel ...

Room Tip: 10 minutes walk to the railway station to downtown Barcelona
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here before and wasn't impressed. This time I reluctantly booked it as it was late notice and others locally were full.
On arrival I found the safe and fridge weren't working. Reception told me the fridge only worked when the key card was inserted - was I was born yesterday? Obviously still faulty the next morning so reported it again and was promised it would be sorted. Neither issue looked at.
Breakfast is OK but the evening meals leave a lot to be desired, luckily there's an 'Irish' bar 30 meters away that has reasonable food and good beer.
The rooms are fair size, fairly clean and the shower I had was a rainfall type, very nice. The beds are pretty dire, lumpy with weak, unsupportive pillows.
Luckily the Holiday Inn Express had a room on my last night so I checked out early and paid £30 less for infinitely better bed and service.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2017

we stayed in this hotel for the 5-6th time; we never had a smoking room. Last saturday we arrived late and wanted to check in; we went to our room - 405 - and very quickly smelled that we were on the smokers floor ! Ugly. We never thought hotels had rooms for smokers. I went to the reception and asked for a non smoking room and a room with a bath. Only room 221 was left; a very small room with a TOO hard bed, a small room AND a room with a shower. This was not OK for us, but since it was almost midnight we stayed. We did NOT have a good sleep, the mattrass was very, very hard, the room was very small and we could not bath together. Next I will think twice to book this hotel; unfortunately not satisfied.

Room Tip: sorry, but our stay was nog good this time; we hoped for a much better room (no smoking) since we st...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Not very clean hotel rooms, beds very uncomfy, very basic, needs a big update!. only good thing is its close to the metro station to go into sant cugat or barcelona!
supermarket a walk away also........

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Cugat del Valles
1.6 km away
Hotel Sant Cugat
Hotel Sant Cugat
#3 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
2.3 km away
BlueBay City Barcelona Sant Cugat
BlueBay City Barcelona Sant Cuga...
#5 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
1.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sant Cugat
Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sa...
#2 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
3.3 km away
H2 Rubi
H2 Rubi
#3 of 3 in Rubi

Been to H2 Sant Cugat? Share your experiences!