Auberge Van Strombeek(Strombeek-Bever)
US$66
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We found thsi hotel using the GPS. It was late in the evening and we had tried several ( all busy) before stay on this one.
Initially it looked a little bit crippy but i guess was because I was tired.

The concierge was friendly but didn't explained all to us about the hotel as I will relate.

The hotel had parking garage.
The wifi was working well.

The room was very hot when we entered and had no AC. We opened the window to cool it but still.
We have discovered in the morning that some rooms have AC and other not.

Sleeping quality was affected by that, therefore is a negative point.

Brreakfast was OK.
Price was OK.
Close to brussels airport.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room with AC
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Staff are rude and not very knowledgeable or helpful.

Hotel a bit tatty and all the rooms I have stayed in need a update as they are old and have mold patches on the bathroom ceiling.

The bar is closed most of the time and if it is open then theirs nobody about manning it to serve you. If you ask the reception lady to serve you who is about five meters a you get told "no i cannot".

The restaurant is ok but it was shut the two days i was here so we had to go elsewhere.

I have stayed in many hostels backpacking about which are far better than this place at a fraction of the price.

The only good thing is the hotel is good for is its very close to the Expo exhibition halls which is the only reason we booked here.

Room Tip: Make sure your not on the top floors in the summer as the rooms are roasting and the lift was broken last time I was there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SiTimo
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Rijckendael hotel is an ok hotel to stay in as a stop-over for a night.
I wouldn't recommend to visit this hotel for holidays or city visit as the surroundings, the building and its rooms lack a bit of atmosphere.

Positives:
Personal at reception is friendly and quick.
Breakfast is good - lot of choices available.
Bathroom is not that proper, but towels and ancillaries are good.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a quiet area, doesnt matter which room you have I assume all will be quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Not the first time the office agency books me here and i cannot say it is awful but certainly it is very sad. Far from anything. Uninspiring. No free wifi, and you cant put the wifi on the room either, you need to pay with credit card directly (9€) so for business travellers this like me this is an issue as i cannot put it on my expenses. You need to get to the lobby to use your wifi devices, with music on and food smell. The whole place is actually smelly and the reception lady admits that she is not sure that people are not smoking in the room. Well they did in mine, sure enough. Will try to avoid the place in the future.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Modern hotel, well appointed, with free parking and fresh breakfast included at very reasonable rate. Rooms larger than most with large tub/shower in spacious bath. Set in quiet residential area (although did hear a rooster crowing). Plenty of storage space. Accommodating staff. A clean room did have a strong antiseptic smell upon arrival but cleared slowly when window opened. Pillow could have been larger. Hotel includes a sauna and a restaurant (both untried by me). Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo