“Comfortable and friendly”

Rijckendael Hotel
Rijckendael Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Strombeek-Bever
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Reception staff are very friendly, breakfast is excellent, air conditioning, good sauna, near to Brussels and ample parking. Good for a weekend away. Free WIFI. Good restaurant and bar. Quiet location.

Room Tip: rooms at the back and first floor are quiet and cooler
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 June 2015

The breakfast Is great... Everything else, no..
I May Have bene unlucky in Thế Second Floor but there was a heater, not ac,and to me the room was hot.. Opening windows was out of question since my room faced the front (taxis etc..)
Arrived at the hotel late (Brux airlines accommodation for missed connection) there is not room service nor a nearby place to eat.. Basic room, has a safe, but person at the reception didn't have access to safe keys...
Overall the hotel could be better but is a bit poorly run..
Thee is an exercise room w showers and sauna in the basement (no windows, no fresh air).. But unfortunately was closed. No lockers...

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Imagine that, after long working day, full of meetings etc. you would like to take a rest at the hotel and try the famous Belgian beer, before you fall asleep. You sit at the lobby bar and before there is nobody behind the bar you’re wait and wait and wait and wait, more less 20 minutes and there is still nobody, just some other customers at the nest table also without anything to drink, it’s annoying, but it can happened. This exactly happened to me and my colleague, so he was go to the reception desk ask what we should do to have a beer, there was very nice lady and told him to go to the restaurant. OK, we say and go to the restaurant… After 10 minutes of waiting the waiter came to our table and ask us for order, when we told him that we would like to have just two beers he told us that the restaurant is dedicated just for dinner and we should go to the lobby bar. That makes me little bit angry because I was really very thirsty, so I told him that we were already there and nobody was there and the lady from the reception send us to the restaurant. Waiter`s completely arrogant answer kills me totally, “yes, she told you to go to the restaurant, but you should just ask for a beer and take it to the lobby bar and not sit down here, this is restaurant just to take a dinner”. That’s something which I really can`t understand, instead of apologies he kick us out.
That’s really true story and it happened one hour ago, you can imagine how comfortable you will feel during your stay at this hotel. This is my second night from five, but at this moment I`m at my room and I`m going to search the internet (wi-fi working well here  ) for another hotel close by and If I succeed, probably I will check-out tomorrow, also with two my colleagues. I really not understand why I should pay more than 1500 EUR for services like this.
Btw. The planes are very noisy also inside of my room. The sealing of the windows are probably not ideal.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jakub_4240
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We found thsi hotel using the GPS. It was late in the evening and we had tried several ( all busy) before stay on this one.
Initially it looked a little bit crippy but i guess was because I was tired.

The concierge was friendly but didn't explained all to us about the hotel as I will relate.

The hotel had parking garage.
The wifi was working well.

The room was very hot when we entered and had no AC. We opened the window to cool it but still.
We have discovered in the morning that some rooms have AC and other not.

Sleeping quality was affected by that, therefore is a negative point.

Brreakfast was OK.
Price was OK.
Close to brussels airport.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room with AC
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Staff are rude and not very knowledgeable or helpful.

Hotel a bit tatty and all the rooms I have stayed in need a update as they are old and have mold patches on the bathroom ceiling.

The bar is closed most of the time and if it is open then theirs nobody about manning it to serve you. If you ask the reception lady to serve you who is about five meters a you get told "no i cannot".

The restaurant is ok but it was shut the two days i was here so we had to go elsewhere.

I have stayed in many hostels backpacking about which are far better than this place at a fraction of the price.

The only good thing is the hotel is good for is its very close to the Expo exhibition halls which is the only reason we booked here.

Room Tip: Make sure your not on the top floors in the summer as the rooms are roasting and the lift was broken...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SiTimo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strombeek-Bever
1 km away
4.4 km away
Husa President Park
Husa President Park
#91 of 198 in Brussels

Been to Rijckendael Hotel? Share your experiences!