“Best place for swiming”
Review of The Garden of Nang - MOVED

The Garden of Nang
Price range: US$2 - US$19
Description: The Garden of nang is new to Goolwa We had many years experience in cooking catering more them 20 years. All the food is home style cooking fresh from scratch
Reviewed 1 June 2019 via mobile

Such a sweet lady !
I enjoyed the best beach of Don Det swiming in pure nature with her Nang smoothy. Delicious !
Unfortunatly kitchen was closed that day.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed 28 February 2019

Located at the south-western part tip of Don Det, this family has set a beautiful and chill place, just along the river and their "private beach".

It hosts a simple but well-made terrace where you can sip a fresh juice or eat one of their delicious dishes. The menu is short, vegetarian, and proposes very tasty and fresh curry dishes.
You need to order something to get access to the beach, but you won't regret it!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

My husband and I ate here two days in a row. Food is all vegan and incredibly fresh. Service staff are lovely. Be prepared to wait. All food is made to order in a small kitchen but worth it. Fruit smoothies and fresh spring rolls highly recommended. Stir fry veggies with tofu melt in your mouth. And the beach, cooling off in the Mekong and watching the water buffalo....well, just priceless . Whether on foot or bike, be sure to plan on stopping before or after you get to railway bridge. Closes early. 12-5 I think?

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank SKG58
Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

We stopped by this morning for shakes and relaxing. My husband loved the fresh papaya salad and our shakes were yummy. I enjoyed my coffee Lao style. Our favorite part of this place was the kindness of the staff and the friendliness of the animals. We loved our late morning breakfast with Honey the cat and the two resident dogs ❤️.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 16 December 2018

I spend 12 days on DonDet and tried a lot of restaurants with different kind of cuisines, but I have to say, that the Garden of Nang became my favourite Lao restaurant. The restaurants on the sunrise/sunset avenues are nearly all the same: Western Food, "typical" asian food and Burgers everywhere. But the Garden of Nang is something special, unusual, more remarkable. It's a comfy vegetarian restaurant 2km outside the city centres, in the nature of the island, with a private beach and a nice garden.
We arrived at around 5 had a fresh and tasty smoothie at the beach with the plan to have dinner after that. Unfortunately we were told, that the restaurant closes at 5 PM, so normally they don't have dinner. YEAH - Normally! The nice and friendly owner was so kind to still offer us dinner :)) And again: Thank you so much for that!!!
The food was very tasty and fresh. In 29 days in Lao that was the best Lao Curry I had.
We were told that they only cook with vegetables out of their private garden - and you can taste that. So much love and spirit in it!
The fried rice of my friend was also very nice. Not to much oil and a lot of vegetables and flowers inside. Yummy :)
We felt very welcome and enjoyed our time in the Garden of Nang, enjoying the sunset on the island.
The prices are a little bit higher, than in the city center, but you will get homemade organic food, made with love in a comfy place.
The menu is small - but there is a dish for everyone.
I'm looking forward to be there back soon.

Date of visit: December 2018