“Spectacular Hens on the Hill”
Review of Vobster Inn

Vobster Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Vobster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed her for my hen do - a total surprise - and what an amazing way to spend a weekend! Our hosts at the Vobster Inn were beyond accommodating, ensuring all 14 of us had a wonderful stay (despite the weather!!). We stayed in Daisy yurt and the views are just incredible, and other members of our party stayed in the guest house attached to the pub. Daisy is beautiful inside, perfect for a hen party, and very well equipped. Having our own little bathroom just behind the yurt made it so much easier too! The log burner inside was so cosy. The breakfast was lovely too. I honestly can't find any faults at all. Such an excellent hidden gem! Highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay somewhere remote and very reasonable near to Bath/Frome who wants to visit beautiful Somerset.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I must admit that turning up to my daughter's hen weekend on a wet Friday afternoon in July I had some reservations about the choice of venue - but what a lovely weekend it turned out to be be! Peta and her staff made us so welcome, opening up a room in the inn for our Friday evening meal which should have been a BBQ and our beauty treatments made us all feel much better despite the weather. I'd never slept in a yurt before (but am a veteran camper) and I had a good night's sleep. The yurts were warm and cosy and had everything we needed. The cooked breakfast in the inn was beautiful and set us up for our day out in Bath. Fortunately the rain stopped so we were able to sit and eat outdoors on the Saturday evening - our chocolate orange cakes on the embers were delicious. Thanks to Peta and the team for a wonderful weekend which we'll remember for a long time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I proposed to my wife in the restaurant 22 years ago, so it would be nice to have our 20th wedding anniversary meal there. We both ordered the chicken breast with stuffing and veal gravy (£14 each). The food was fantastic but the plates were the size of a dustbin lids and the food was a tiny pile of chicken stacked up in the middle with a bit of stuffing and a spoonful of gravy dribbled around it. The side dish (£3.50 extra) was half a dozen florets of broccoli, that was it. My wife and I left disappointed, stopped off at local chippy to fill up on cheesy chips. Poor all round.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Staying in "Daisy" the Yurt was a fantastic experience. It (she) is placed in a fantastic position up on the hill just behind the lovely Vobster Inn. The accommodation is incredibly well equipped and for the £80 price tag you get given wood for the day/night, toiletries, towels and breakfast. The owner was very helpful and friendly and I thoroughly recommend a stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time staying in the newly acquired yurts. Beautifully decorated and very cosy with everything you'd need taken care of.

Our weekend was a rather wet one with our planned BBQ being called off and having food in the restaurant of the Vobster Inn instead.
Our host and landlady Peta, was exceptional!
We had an area of the restaurant to ourselves and were looked after impeccably.
Breakfast the following two days the same level of service followed through! The weekend went without a hitch and made for an amazing weekend making lots of memories!
We can't thank you enough for your hospitality.

The yurts are wonderfully positioned, with views all round. Sitting out on an evening when the rain gave way, the stars shone. A beautiful setting!
Thank you again! Will certainly recommend the Vobster Inn.

Your food was scrummie too!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Been to Vobster Inn? Share your experiences!