“delightful....”
Review of Vobster Inn

Vobster Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Vobster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We booked this on Booking .Com ,purely because it was handy for visiting some relatives who had recently moved to this beautiful part of the country. Looked good on Trip advisor, a few negative reviews , but we know that happens ! Easy book in, with the easy going , lovely landlady. Attentive and keen to ensure we were comfortable. Pre booked breakfast ( ..and trust me, dont miss breakfast.) Despite my usual hesitancy staying in a pub, this was quite the opposite Lovely quiet private roomround the back, c/w loud ticking alarm clock. The owners obviously put a huge amount of effort into the business, and are currently expanding with shepherds huts and Yurts. I wish them all the best. Thank you

Room Tip: Personally unless you desperately want the experience, choose a room not a yurt!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We booked Glamping on the Hill for a hen party. We booked before the site opened so it was a real risk but we are so glad we did as we had an amazing stay across both yurts.

Our hosts are amazing and the hospitality offered is incredible. I work in the industry so I know good hospitality and they really have it!

The yurts are beautiful and well equipped. The shower was really warm and the facilities clean. The setting on the hill was idyllic. It is a steep hill though so quite hard work for those who are not very mobile.

One of our party stayed in the pub and while the room was basic, it was clean and comfortable.

We ate dinner in the pub one night and had a set menu and it was great value for money and the food wonderful. We then BBQ'd the second night and the Vobster provided the meat and salads and it was very very good.

Breakfast both mornings was amazing and we felt very well looked after.

Would not hesitate in recommending this. Although we were part of a hen night I would gladly stay here with my children or for any occasion really.

Location is great, we went into Bath and it took 20 mins.

Be warned there is no phone reception in the pub and I was the only member of our group to get 3G/4G on the hill. I think in modern times it would be nice to have WIFI offered.

Thank you for a beautiful and memorable stay!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed her for my hen do - a total surprise - and what an amazing way to spend a weekend! Our hosts at the Vobster Inn were beyond accommodating, ensuring all 14 of us had a wonderful stay (despite the weather!!). We stayed in Daisy yurt and the views are just incredible, and other members of our party stayed in the guest house attached to the pub. Daisy is beautiful inside, perfect for a hen party, and very well equipped. Having our own little bathroom just behind the yurt made it so much easier too! The log burner inside was so cosy. The breakfast was lovely too. I honestly can't find any faults at all. Such an excellent hidden gem! Highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay somewhere remote and very reasonable near to Bath/Frome who wants to visit beautiful Somerset.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I must admit that turning up to my daughter's hen weekend on a wet Friday afternoon in July I had some reservations about the choice of venue - but what a lovely weekend it turned out to be be! Peta and her staff made us so welcome, opening up a room in the inn for our Friday evening meal which should have been a BBQ and our beauty treatments made us all feel much better despite the weather. I'd never slept in a yurt before (but am a veteran camper) and I had a good night's sleep. The yurts were warm and cosy and had everything we needed. The cooked breakfast in the inn was beautiful and set us up for our day out in Bath. Fortunately the rain stopped so we were able to sit and eat outdoors on the Saturday evening - our chocolate orange cakes on the embers were delicious. Thanks to Peta and the team for a wonderful weekend which we'll remember for a long time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I proposed to my wife in the restaurant 22 years ago, so it would be nice to have our 20th wedding anniversary meal there. We both ordered the chicken breast with stuffing and veal gravy (£14 each). The food was fantastic but the plates were the size of a dustbin lids and the food was a tiny pile of chicken stacked up in the middle with a bit of stuffing and a spoonful of gravy dribbled around it. The side dish (£3.50 extra) was half a dozen florets of broccoli, that was it. My wife and I left disappointed, stopped off at local chippy to fill up on cheesy chips. Poor all round.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Been to Vobster Inn? Share your experiences!