“Poor food and manager with an attitude problem”
Review of The Inn at Ardgour

The Inn at Ardgour
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ardgour
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family-run, loch-side Scottish Inn. Stunning views across the water to the mountains beyond and the entrance to the Great Glen. We offer traditional Scottish Pub food made using quality ingredients. No nouveau cuisine here, just good old-fashioned, tasty pub grub to warm and fill you on a West Highland day.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for a birthday meal as we were staying at corran lighthouse lodge. On arrival the managers welcome left a lot to be desired, but let’s say it was far from welcoming. The food was to be honest, really bad. The seafood was all so overcooked it’s was barely edible. The langoustines were just mush and eveything lacked any freshness. I made a point of telling them how disappointed I was with the food, and all that I got was what can be discribed as a childish pathetic huff. To be fair they took all the seafood off the bill, but he told me that he’d served 17 portions of langoustine that day and that someone had told them they were The Best langoustines they’d ever had. Not the reaction I saw from the poor couple I passed who had got their langoustines and couldn’t even touch them. I don’t complain for the sake of it ,and to be honest, I don’t complain enough. But when I do it’s because I would assume they would want to know if their customers are unhappy, and how to make things better. Here, he couldn’t care less. We all left feeling very unhappy. Avoid !

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (259)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food, best fish pie I have ever eaten. Friendly helpful staff. Following covid19 guidance. Free ferry crossing from Corran while staying at Bunree CMHC site
Support local businesses.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank IanBarnett
Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

It’s in a great location opposite the ferry. The hotel is clean, well-managed and down-to-earth. Don’t expect any frills but good value and comfortable. Food and drink in the bar was good and breakfast excellent. I had a large and comfy room with a great view. The team were being very punctilious about Covid precautions, so well done.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

We were here for two nights it is a lovely Hotel. Food is excellent very high standard and reasonably priced. Great level of customer care you just ask for anything and they will provide. You need to take the Corran Ferry to access this hotel so if you plan to come and go to Fort William it can get expensive. One of the unique features is location looking right up the Loch.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Audrey M
Reviewed 26 May 2021

We arrived at the Ardgour Inn on a very rainy afternoon, by bike. What a warm reception we received! Luke and Angela could not have been more thoughtful and accommodating. They keep a really cosy little restaurant. We will definitely be back for dinner!

Date of visit: May 2021