The Old Mill Hotel
US$109
  • Restaurant
US$121
US$118
Best Western Red Lion Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$78
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$71
  • Breakfast included
City Lodge(Salisbury)
US$55
US$116
US$110
All reviewswater meadowsthe riverthe publovely locationtop floorbeer gardenlow beamslovely walkidyllic settingnarrow stairsbeautiful old buildingsalisbury cathedraltoiletries providedthird floorminute walkunder new managementcity centre
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We have stayed at the Old Mill many times, but this is the first time that we have stayed since it changed hands a couple of years ago. No reason other than we have not needed to stay in Salisbury.
Very pleased with cleanliness, freshness of our room, etc. Also friendly staff! It's also nice to see more of a choice for vegetarians on the menu, also a veggie cooked breakfast available at last! Well done!
The only minus point, and it is a small one, is that we didn't realise that one specifically has to ask for toast at breakfast or you don't get any. Toast is a norm in any hotel or guesthouse and I'm afraid I didn't see any pointer on the breakfast menu stating that we had to ask. So we sat there like lemons for 15 minutes! Either I'm blind (quite possible) or this information should be added to the menu. The breakfast itself was good and this small irritation will not stop us from returning in the future.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
OldSarumHotelsLtd, General Manager at The Old Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Melvyn H,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Old Mill Hotel. I am glad we exceeded expectations on most points and you were pleased with the changes made since your last stay. I can only apologise for the lack of toast on your breakfast - this is not a standard for us and the issue will be addressed immediately.

We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit to Salisbury!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Excellent facilities beautiful view from window. Walk through the water meadows to cathedral about 15 mins.
Clean room with comfortable bed I liked the sound of the water rushing past but some may find it intrusive. Good service, tasty breakfast, restaurant overlooking river.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have lovely view of water
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Debbie L,

Thank you for your kind words about The Old Mill Hotel! I must agree with your perception of the water - it is very relaxing and unique! As you mentioned, not all would enjoy the sound of the water so we do provide earplugs to ensure a quieter night for those who prefer it. I am thrilled to see that we were successful in delivering our standard high level of service throughout your stay, and can only hope that we welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

This hasn't be the friendlyest bar come restaurant in Salisbury making all welcome. Great beer great food great garden great atmosphere. The garden ar in the lighter months us a pleasure answers spectacular views make it second to none

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

mccarthy489,

Thank you for your positive review of The Old Mill Hotel! I am glad to hear you found the atmosphere welcoming, and we look forward to seeing you again - especially to enjoy our garden in the Summer!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

After being recommended The Old Mill Harnham we decided to give it a go on Thursday night. We sat in the restaurant and ordered the lemon sole and steak with a bottle of wine. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was exceptional. I believe the young waitress was called Emily who was very friendly and courteous. We would definitely revisit this restaurant when we visit the area again.

A very charming building in a picturesque setting on the river.

Stayed: February 2017

Angela W,

Thank you for your kind words. We - as a team - are thrilled to see we could provide such an enjoyable experience for you. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

The Old Mill is a very old property, some of it grade 1 listed. It comes with the rickety stairs and uneven floor that you would expect from such antiquity. For me, that just adds to its charm. The views all around, even on a grey February day are lovely. Ducks and swans, running water and the building itself. A two minute walk takes you to a famous view of Salisbury cathedral across the fields. My room was huge with a big bathroom. I was not remotely bothered about hangers without a wardrobe. The other furniture fitted with the room perfectly and the bed was comfortable. Service was brilliant and my case carried to my room without my having to ask. Cooked Breakfast choices were very good. Toast is available but you need to ask as it's made fresh for you. The key is: if you want something ask. I had room 6 which was £69 for single occupancy. Given the quality and location that is excellent value. My poor hubby missed out as he was in Cyprus so we'll have to visit again!

Room Tip: Higher floors away from bar noise - 2nd floor room 6 was great.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
OldSarumHotelsLtd, General Manager at The Old Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Elidor50,

Thank you for such positive words about The Old Mill Hotel - your comments will be passed on to the whole team, reviews like this are a fantastic morale boost for the team here.

We do hope that you visit again with your husband, and look forward to your return.