“Fabulous local fare!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped by here for lunch w/ the family and we most certainly had a great experience w/ amazingly fresh pasta ragu, mozzarella caprese salad, fresh cured meat and cheese platter and melted pecorino on the lunch spread! All sources locally from a few neighboring villages (or truly from here!) and the flavors pop w/ every bite!

The staff was one - Daniella - who made the afternoon a "cooked w/ family" experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Bistecca and Panna Cotta might not be the most difficult dishes, and in most places around quality is at least ok or good. In this place I had both dishes and they were oustandingly (!!!) good.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Home made Tuscan food. Freshly made in the kitchen in a restaurant with an amazing view across the valley. You can eat outside or inside. Lovely building. Selling local produce. Staff really friendly.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I tend to be what's known as a hard grader, so my first review of this place earned it an average (with explanation--anyone reading it would know that I admired the food). After two return visits this summer, I began to feel guilty about my earlier appraisal. Both meals were excellent--but a special dinner four of us had with two bistecca firoentina (ordered in advance) was just perfect--indeed, the best rendition of this classic dish I have ever eaten. Served on a wooden plank, the two perfectly undercooked steaks were garnished with lemon and a large sprig (branch) of rosemary that I had seen the chef's assistant pluck from the bush on the terrace. With the view of the sun setting over Montisi in the distance, the company of good friends, and the warmth of the host and hostess, it was as close to a perfect meal as I can recall--and I didn't even mention the very good pasta we shared as a first course.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Came here after reading the TA reviews and also a recommendation. It is signposted from the car park, yes it is a cavernous place lacking in atmosphere. However the service was lovely, the lady was very sweet at explaining the menu on the board in English and the food when it came was generous and delicious. I had peposo a traditional slow cooked beef stew with pepper which was delicious. My son's meat ragu on pici was devoured and the beef tagliata was very good. The litre of wine for only a few euros was also great. There is also a lovely view if you sit looking the right way!