“Great accommodation”
Review of Akis Studios

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alykes
Akis Studios
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I booked to stay at the Akis Studios a few days before flying out as I was attending a family wedding. With this been last minute I was grateful to find that there was still accommodation available.

I'm a wheelchair user and I contacted the resort prior to booking to make sure that they would be able provide me with a ground floor apartment which I would be able to access without any major obstacles. After speaking to one of the English reps over the phone, I was assured that this would be no problem.

I arrived around lunchtime on the Sunday and upon arriving my apartment was still been cleaned. I wasn't waiting that long before I was given my key and shown to where my apartment was located.

Overall I was very happy with the accommodation, they are basic but comfortable and the cleaner was in everyday.

The owner of the property even went out of his way to place a small ramp on the outside to make it much easier for me to get in and out. The bar beside the pool area was very good value and the staff where also very friendly.

Room Tip: A/C, Accessibility

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I've just got back from the Akis Studios. It was my first holiday on my own in 9 years. I have a 14 yr old with ADHD and Aspergers and he had a basketball camp on for a week so I decided at the last minute, 36 hours prior to departure to get away for a week. I found the Akis on Holiday Pirates at, what I thought was a great rate, which it was. I just wanted beach, sand, pool and peace for a week and the Akis was so perfect. My room was perfect (slept 3), clean, neat, under the counter fridge/freezer, kettle and AC for £6 per day. A friend told me they have a different mineral content in the water, so only to drink bottled water (I used it in the kettle too!). There's a pool bar/cafe next to the pool, the food is amazing, yum yum, especially the salads. The only gripe I have is that there's no food after 3.30pm served from the pool bar so you have to go out to eat then, on the other hand the pool bar is open till 1am or later sometimes. The restaurant next door, does wonderful BBQ food one day a week and there's plenty more restaurants and the beach about 10 mins walk away. There's plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas on the beach for a charge, although if you buy food from the restaurant they mostly give you the sunbed for free.
It was relatively quiet most days, with only a few kids, however, summer holidays started 2 days before I left and there were definitely more kids.
I really loved this place, it suited me perfectly, I would definitely recommend it and hopefully I'll be back in less than 9 years :-)
Thank you to Steph for the lovely food and the lovely hardworking gentleman owner who always has a smile on his face.

3  Thank Tehmina S
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were expecting a no frills basic studio type room and we got exactly that. Basic really does mean very basic.

No TV in room (not a problem for us but maybe for those with children) In kitchen area only 2 knives, 2 forks 2 spoons, 2 mugs, 2 small glasses. No pint glasses. No cooker, just 2 hot rings. Bowl and drainer. 1 Frying Pan, 1 Saucepan & 1 Cooking Pot. Small fridge with tiny freezer ice box. No tea towels, washing liquid, sponges or cloths. No soaps in bathroom. Linen...Very small towels provided. 1 single thin cotton top and bottom sheet per bed. 1 dressing table with large drawers and 1 bedside table. 1 single bed and 1 small double bed. Beds extremely low to ground. Difficult for people with disabilities like myself. Plenty of euro mains sockets around. Nice balcony with 2 chairs and table. Good sound proofing on the double glazed balcony door and external ventilation shutters. (Needed if/when bar is playing music until 1am)

You have to pay for Air Conditioning at 6 Euro per day which only works when your key is in the slot internally. Its also wired to switch off if doors are opened. If you do not use aircon expect your room to be at least 30 degrees day and night! Be warned.

Wifi not usable from room and was extremely slow from the bar. <3Mbps repeatedly.

This said, it was very clean and the fittings were modern and of good quality. Our room (40) appeared to have had the bathroom recently refitted.

We kept all doors and windows closed at all times with air con on when we were in and had no mosquito problems. We had also purchased a 4 euro plug in mosquito repellent from local mini market. Others who did not do this and left doors open etc were bitten like crazy. There is an old salt water lake/marsh about 100m from the studios so be prepared and you wont have a problem. We bought a 4 euro bottle of body spray repellent and used this in the evenings. 1 bite between 2 of us all week. :-)

Pool was very clean and pool floor looked well maintained. Extremely clean warm water. Nice shower and toilets by pool although toilets had no locks.

Bar only serves snacks until 3:30pm so you either need to cater for yourself or find a local restaurant (no shortage - 15min walk or 2 min drive) Local mini supermarket only a few mins walk away. Most people speak enough english for you to get by but they enjoy you attempting to speak Greek.

Nikkos was the barman/chef at the bar and served a nice small cooked english breakfast. PS Orange juice is terrible! Cannot fault service from Nikkos however Owner and afternoon Barmaid seemed a little stand offish and was a little disorganised upon arrival as the owner speaks no English. Room allocation appeared a little chaotic.

Small grassy play area for young children but nothing special. No other child friendly facilities. Probably wouldn't recommend for young families.

This is a great base, close to the beach and restaurants with which to explore the beautiful island by tour bus or car. It is far enough away from noise of pubs. Very few 18-30 types in Alykes fortunately.

We hired a car from local company "Best Choice" and got the Ford Focus for the price of a small Kia. The car was clean and well maintained but gutless. Best advice choose a car with a larger engine 1.6+ or an automatic as you will be forever changing gears on the very steep mountain roads otherwise!! Don't believe car hire companies in Zante that tell you "Zero Excess" or "Full Insurance CDW" policies don't exist. They do and they only cost us a mere 20 euro extra for the whole week.

Final tips.. on departure from Zakynthos don't go to the boarding gate until final call. If the plane is delayed you cant get back through passport control to the restaurants and shops. Only chairs and toilets exist after passport control! And remind them repeatedly if you need disabled assistance! They forget.

All in all a great low cost budget location to stay, providing you are not expecting anything more. Would be happy to stay here again at this budget price.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if limited mobility. Room 40 was nice enough for us.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a great solo week in the akis studio's , the rooms are basic but just right for a self catering holiday , the staff are really good , especially the lovely and always smiling cea , will definitely be going back !!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank des d
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Just got back from the Akis Studios. Travelled on my own and I was worried about reviews posted prior, but should not have been, the studios were in an excellent location and very clean and tidy. Stephanie on the bar during the day and Celine on the bar at night were great. I would definitely go back with my family

2  Thank Kenny2107