All reviewsglass doorsalt flatsair conelectric kettlesmall children's poollight shiningproblem solvedquiet at nightplenty of sun beds and umbrellassunshine breakminute walknearest supermarketwell equipped kitchenpool barolympic holidayslocation is idealstayed for two weeks
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

About 8 min walk to town. Clean and tidy. Has own bar which sometimes can be a bit noisy. But overall a good place to go. Only downside are tiles around pool are very slippery. Has salt flats on way to town which are a bit unsightly but alykes itself a lovely town.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul d
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stayed at Akis Studios for two weeks and were delighted with our first floor room. It was spacious, with comfortable twin beds ( plus another single), a well equipped kitchen, plenty of plugs, efficient aircon at €6 per night, a good sized shower room, two double aspect balconies - one large, overlooking the pool and the other communal balcony overlooking picturesque fields and mountains. The room was very well cleaned by the lovely Dina every day and quality towels and bedlinen changed every other day. A room safe cost just €10 per week.
The pool was large and clean, with a small children's pool and there were plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas. The bar/restaurant opened for delicious breakfast ( really friendly staff) and served food until 3pm.The bar stayed open until the last customer left and was run by the bubbly Sia, who also made a yummy ice cream cake for us all! The owner Lefteris was extremely kind and helpful and this filtered down to all the staff, who would do everything they could to make your stay a pleasant one. The nearest supermarket is a 3 minute walk away and restaurants & the beach less than ten minutes on foot. The main 'strip' is a bit busy, but authentic restaurants offering delicious Greek food are easy to find. A five minute walk from Akis Studios up the mountains will reward you with scenic views and friendly local life.
Thank you all for a wonderful stay.
Dina and Steve.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeraldineLondon
Reviewed 29 July 2017

stayed at akis studios for two weeks,accommodation was excellent,my apartment was cleaned every day,had small but well equipped kitchen.
ac available at 6 euro per day, safety deposit box in room,There's a pool bar/cafe next to the pool, the food is very good and well prepared this closed at 3.30 every day which was not a problem because there are several restaurants close by all with in a 5 minute walk,
i found all the staff and owners to be very friendly and polite, steph worked very hard in the kitchen and nychos waited on and kept tables clean.
at 3.30 every day sia would start work behind the bar she always had a smile on her face even though we kept her there until around 04.00am most days,found her to be a happy and fun loving person who definately helped to make stay enjoyable.
can only praise owners and staff for there friendly approach and attension to peoples needs.
excellent will definately return for another holiday.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Second time in Alykes, first time at these studios. 10 minute walk to the beach and to centre of Alykes. Very nice and clean amazing pool nice and big, be aware of the wet suface round the pool I nearly killed myself twice! Studios were cleaned every day only down side was that she came at 10am every morning when we were still getting ready to go out, one day we asked her if we could have 5 minutes and we would be out of the way thinking she would do another room and come back but she just stood outside the glass door and waited.

We were in room 31 brilliant balcony very big overlooking the pool. There was only 1 spare plug socket in the room if we wanted anything else, kettle etc we had to keep unplugging the fridge. This maybe just this room though as other guests we spoke to said they had 3 or 4. The kettle handle got that hot we had to use a towel to pick it up and pour our drinks.

We had air con one night as the heat wave hit this was 6 euros a day and didnt work that well, we set it to 18 degrees but it wouldnt go below 26!

The bloke that owns these studios isnt the friendliest we never got a hello, smile or anything from the moment we arrived but to be fair we either spent time in our studios, round the pool or out of the complex we didnt really spend anytime in the bar or restuarant for it to bother us.

This review sounds like Im slagging the place off when in fact apart from the minor grunts above we had a nice stay at these apartments. Very good value for money and within walking distance of restaurants, pubs and the beach we would definately stay here again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I booked to stay at the Akis Studios a few days before flying out as I was attending a family wedding. With this been last minute I was grateful to find that there was still accommodation available.

I'm a wheelchair user and I contacted the resort prior to booking to make sure that they would be able provide me with a ground floor apartment which I would be able to access without any major obstacles. After speaking to one of the English reps over the phone, I was assured that this would be no problem.

I arrived around lunchtime on the Sunday and upon arriving my apartment was still been cleaned. I wasn't waiting that long before I was given my key and shown to where my apartment was located.

Overall I was very happy with the accommodation, they are basic but comfortable and the cleaner was in everyday.

The owner of the property even went out of his way to place a small ramp on the outside to make it much easier for me to get in and out. The bar beside the pool area was very good value and the staff where also very friendly.

Room Tip: A/C, Accessibility
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo