All reviewsglass doorsalt flatsair conelectric kettlesmall children's poollight shiningproblem solvedquiet at nightplenty of sun beds and umbrellassunshine breakminute walknearest supermarketwell equipped kitchenpool barolympic holidayslocation is idealstayed for two weeks
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Pool and bar area are lovely but studios very basic , not much in way of cooking utensils. Poor quality cutlery etc. Owner and staff very helpful. Just a short walk into centre and supermarket nearby.?

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Only been here 5 days but loving every minute. Wonderful location and great hospitality. Highly recommended. Our host Sia is full of fun and keeps the guests entertained with her sharp wit.
Superb pool. Lovely grounds and all the amenities you need.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Evgeni55
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Stayed for a week at the end of August and would recommend this small-scale apartment complex to people looking for relaxation around a pretty pool. Our apartment was excellent value for money and as advertised in the brochure and on the website. The studio had a double bed and a single, with a small, basic kitchenette area and clean, tiled shower room. We paid for air-conditioning, which seemed to have quirky connections but did its job. Maid service was fabulous and we got plenty of clean towels and sheets. For us, the Akis Studios were in an ideal location as they are set back from the main resort, with picturesque mountain and country views. They are quiet at night apart from some music from the studios' own bar. A short walk past disused salt flats takes you past a decent supermarket to the strip of shops/bars/ restaurants and to the stunning beach. Alykes resort does have a commercialised centre, but you can also find quiet, traditional tavernas on the beach and up the side roads into the mountains. We did a turtle-spotting boat trip from Laganas, which looked way too busy for my liking (though we did see a turtle, so it was worth it) and enjoyed mixing with locals in Zakynthos town. I would happily return to Alykes and Akis Studios for a hassle-free sunshine break.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank HVA01
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We spent two weeks at Akise, booking flights and accommodation as a package through Olympic. It was a bargain and we weren't disappointed. You get a pretty standard room, double bed, shower room/ toilet and kitchenette with a fridge and hob. Yes it's basic, but what else do you want? I have yet to see anything in any of the Greek islands in the price range which is substantially any better.

The pool is good. Never too crowded and you can always get a lounger. Pool bar is great. The bar staff really look after you and are friendly and helpful. Hotel is short walk from the town (max. 10 mins) and there is a supermarket round the corner.

Like a previous contributor, we also noticed the air conditioning and power going off at regular intervals. At the time I thought it was something to do with an electrical fault and thought nothing of it. HOWEVER we later found out that the owner would deliberately cut the power off at quite regular intervals (one night we were awake with our sick daughter and it went off 4 times during the night, for up to an hour each time!). I did wonder at the beginning of the stay why the staff were so insistent that we pay up front for the air con... My advice is to pay at the end when you have had a continuous supply!

Local food in the area is not great - mostly club sandwiches, pizzas and the like. I have had much better food on other islands. Even Greek dishes are not done particularly well. Best food we had was at Paradosiako Taverna 5 minutes walk out of the main town on the way to Alykanas.

The beach at Alykes is absolutely amazing. Very clear and clean and shallow. You can walk out about 300m before it starts getting deep - ideal for young ones. Fishalida at the beach is also good. You can reserve sun loungers the night before to ensure you get a space and they bring drinks and food to the beach for you.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gnash33
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I stayed here from 30/7/17 to 13/08/17. Place is good clean and not too far away from the heart of Alykes.

Basically you get what you pay for here, they have probably the biggest pool in the area and we spent numerous days just lounging around the pool my daughter loved it. Staff are great always happy to help and the owner is ok I suppose and doesn't speak much english.

They have a bar which caters for your needs and also do snacks and breakfasts which are reasonably priced. My advice tho is to buy your crisps beer etc from the local super market which is literally 200 yds up the road. For instance they sell cans of coke in the hotel for 1 euro 50 and in the supermarket 70 cents, Lays crisps 2.80 and supermarket is 1.70. If your sticking to a budget it makes sense to use the supermarket.

Moving on to the air con, my daughter and I braved the heat for the first 5 days and could no longer cope so I bit the bullet and got air con which was 6 euro's a day. The air con unit in my room 40 was really poor and I believe was equally as poor in other rooms too. Also the fact I was going to sleep with the Air con on and waking up roasting hot finding the air con has somehow gone off of its own accord which I found strange because I had it set to constant even though it couldn't to the temp I wanted it to. I made a discovery one evening when I went to sleep my bathroom light went off and so did the air con !!!!! I switched it back on.This happened again about an hour later,I shot out of bed and onto my balcony noticing the owner walking away from the electricity master switch directly under my balcony !!!!!!! He was actually flicking the circuit breaker if he heard the air con whirring away and believe me they are quite noisy. He proceeded to do this over a number of nights. I did complain to him but basically fell on deaf ears I actually think he was fuming with me more for sleeping with the air con ))

It ended up being cat and mouse which kept me entertained ))))

I am planning to visit here again next year as this didn't put me off one bit, you get what you pay for.

My daughter loved it,ideal for families and couples.

My advice for the air con,if your not happy badger him each and every day via the snack bar staff as they do the english/greek translations for him.

Only advice for visiting this time of year is that it gets really,really hot.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family