“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Visited here with family and friends on Easter Saturday and was warmly greeted. The restaurant was full and busy and had a great atmosphere. I had a meat feast pizza which was great and everyone else meals looked delicious too. Although it was full the waiting staff were super friendly and nothing was a problem (we had a few fussy eaters), the girl even went and got some drinks for us from the neighbouring pub for us as they didn't stock it. Fantastic wee restaurant with fantastic service. Will visit here again when next in the North East.

1  Thank mike19702017

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I come here when I want great food, great service and I don't want to risk somewhere new.
Have to say - they nailed it again last night. The food was top notch (most notable being my daughters seafood risotto and my spicy pizza) and the staff, as always, were just lovely.
Slightly surprised by some of the negative reviews as I've never ever been disappointed. One of the best Italians at the coast.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Start your Sunday the right way. Fantastic brunch at mama Rosa. Booking recommended as tables go super fast.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

This was the first time my family and I have used this restaurant, truthfully it was only because The View was closed. We were made very welcome by friendly staff and the place was busy enough to create a nice atmosphere. On closer inspection, in line with previous comments, the interior does need some money spent on it but this was not our main concern. We ordered Pizza pasta combos and I have to say, the Pizza was not up to standard. If I did not know better I would swear the Pizza bases were not freshly prepared to order, they had a kind of pre-packed rigid composition, and as we all know with Pizza "Its all about the base!" The pasta dish I had was too salty and my little girl left almost all of her bolognaise, normally her favourite meal. The competition around Whitley Bay is fierce now with so many excellent eating establishments on the go, if they want to compare they will need to raise their game.

2  Thank james a
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Whilst the decor is a bit tired and in need of some TLC the pizza and pastas are fresh and tasty. Service is efficient, friendly and welcoming. Great to see a local neighborhood place with charm and character doing so well. Good job!