Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,048 results
All reviews mash and barrel outdoor pool on site papa johns prestige caravan live lounge evening entertainment holiday park mini golf woodland walk central heating entertainment team aerial adventure my son entertainment complex book activities great caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2021

Holiday booked from Monday 26th July -Monday 2nd Aug , This holiday was a break that was booked for last year that was moved to this year due to covid. January time I received an email to say that Haven holidays were being changed to a stay (Haven Hideaway) or a haven stay and play which enables use of all facilities our holiday had automatically been put to a stay and play as we had kids on our booking we wanted to use the facilities so all good so far. Getting closer to our arrival and seeing lots of things online about booking and after a lot of online research I had found out that all activities , restaurants and show bars had to be booked in advance . This was found out by my own research never been told by haven. Restaurants were open to book from 14 days before our arrival, as were the show bar, swimming was 7 days before arrival. 14 days before I logged onto my haven app as I was told to to book a meal for our arrival night only to be shown on the app that the restaurant was fully booked for breakfast , lunch and dinner.......not only for the first night but for the whole week! So first alarm bells were ringing as we were unable to to book in the onsite restaurant for the whole of our week stay. I booked an evening in the show bar and was told I could only book one night as the same for the swim slot I was only able to pre book one 60 minute slot for the whole of my holiday. After a long wait to customer service they assured me oh its fine we do this to stop people block booking and you will be able to book once you are onsite! We had pre booked a breakfast pack and grocery pack for a total of £50.00 so we could have some basics on arrival. The grocery packs were cancelled on us 2 days before and I am still waiting for a refund 5 days later. We had a 5 hour drive to Wales in the hope that all would be ok once there. On arrival check in was smooth and our van was ready. We had paid for the top platinum sea view with decking van at a cost of £1221.50. The vans location was about the only positive of this holiday. We had a nice view of quay west and the sea, the van had not been cleaned to high standards, my son finding kids balls, an earing on the decking on arrival and also not a very nice smell in the toilets but we were there to make the most of it. Having been to this park before and loved it we was keen to return but it was visible that this park has gone downhill over the covid period and not a lot of care has gone into this park to keep it to a high standard as previous years. On arrival I went to the activities desk as told to try to get my family at least one more swim slot for our stay (not a lot to ask after paying over 1000 for a week) I was told all swim slots were fully booked til Thursday but I could go back Tuesday morning and queue up to try and book from Thursday onwards. Tuesday morning I returned (missing my swim session with my family) and queued up in a massive line for over an hour to get another slot luckily I got one for Sunday am (so we got two hours swimming) for a whole week. I was one of the lucky ones some people were not able to get any. They are allowed 38 people in the pool at any session meaning that basically the pool is not big enough to accommodate all the vans on site. The outdoor pool and splash park was closed and work was being done to the surrounding areas this should of been done way before the summer school holidays. Haven states on their website that there is no need to book outdoor tables for the restaurant so we was hoping we would be able to have a meal or a drink, the tables were empty so we asked to be seated for a drink and lunch to be told sorry they were fully booked (there was one or two families eating the whole time i was there) the security team member said we could come back after 8.30 at night to try to get in for a beer this was 2pm in the afternoon , so basically you cannot get a drink on your holiday and you will be told they are fully booked but the tables will be empty. Booked activities were being cancelled as were free activities being cancelled too as they did not have enough staff to man them. My son went into a pottery session (paid for) which was due to start at 2pm, 10 minutes later two young teenage girls taking there time chatting away to each other strolled up to open up the pottery centre , they gave the kids basic instructions and they were left to there own devices while they sat out the back there was no interaction with the kids and my mum who sat with my son had a stranger offer to get pottery down off the shelves as he could not reach (not sure covid rules were adhered to here). Evening entertainment kids must remained seated at tables , I did not wait around for this as we left after the first night , we came away on the second day after an hour sitting with reception putting in a complaint. Reception manager admitted that they do not have enough team members or staff to run the place. I asked to see the manager of the park who was not on site , I asked to see a deputy manager which they did not have. The only manager was a reception manger who was helpful in the end but the poor reception team was dealing with complaint after complaint also all the other staff on site Haven should be ashamed of themselves. We expected a different holiday because of restrictions and covid but not to be able to eat in the restaurant have hardly any use of the pool , or even to be able to buy drink at the bar on your holiday is ridiculous if they have pre warned me I would have cancelled from the start. Two very upset kids.

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

We visited Haven Quay West from Friday 23rd July for 3 nights. We are pretty seasoned Haven holidaymakers and aside from during lockdown times have been on 2-3 Haven holidays every year around the UK for over 10 years now.

I’ll start with the good stuff. New Quay itself lovely and the park has fantastic views over the harbour. There is access down a fairly steep slope to a superb beach with plenty of room. The children’s play area on the park is good and the on-site shop is well stocked. The arcade is modern with lots of stuff to entertain the kids. Can’t comment on the pool or children’s entertainment as we didn’t use them.

Onto the not so good. We tend to like the nicer caravans and will always book Prestige or Platinum grade. We booked Prestige at Quay West but sadly our caravan was anything but. Upon check-in it was instantly obvious that the caravan had not been cleaned properly. I’d have been annoyed before Covid-19 but given the current circumstances caravans are supposed to have an extra tier of cleaning that didn’t happen to ours. There was food on the floor in several places (see photos), on chairs, cup marks on surfaces - overall just a really poor effort.

Now under the Haven ‘Cleanliness Guarantee’ if you find your caravan has not been cleaned to a high standard you can expect to receive a no quibble refund on your holiday. I reported the problem to Reception within an 30 minutes of checking in (well within the 4 hours specified within the Terms and Conditions) specifically mentioning the cleanliness guarantee, and as per the same terms a member of the clean team attended the caravan to inspect. The caravan was then given some further cleaning but there was no mention of the refund and the cleaning staff left. According to the terms, at this point we should have been advised that we were entitled to our refund and given the option to stay or go home - but they just left so the ‘Cleanliness Guarantee’ is a bit of a con - at least it certainly is here.

Aside from the cleaning issue the caravan is in really poor condition. Several of the doors wouldn’t close, one was hanging off hinges. In the bathroom the shower rail is broken and has been taped back together, which meant it couldn’t be adjusted whatsoever and was pointing downwards in against the wall, so the only way to shower was to crouch down underneath it and lean against the wall. What makes all this more frustrating is that we actually paid extra for this caravan under the ‘Choose Your Holiday Home’ scheme because the location looked good on the park. Suffice to say none of this caravans issues were shown in the photographs.

In all the years we’ve been visiting Haven parks around the UK we’ve never had to complain about the cleanliness or condition of a Prestige caravan, so it’s a shame we’ve had both issues on the same holiday, especially given the current circumstances. If you’re considering choosing your own holiday home at this park you might want to give ‘Gwent 62’ a wide berth.

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank graeme1978uk
Reviewed 25 July 2021

This is my fifth or six time at the caravan park I have never had to book 'stay and play just a holiday. This time booked for the 'stay and play and decided that because was going with 2 kids would pre book the activities before arrival. However I could not because they were non available . So called Haven that advised we could be upgraded to a prestige accommodation. (your on the stay now) The anticipation of the accommodation is just too much when we arrived it was awful. We paid 889.00 for 4 days to stay in a small crammed caravan with one toilet, oh and would you believe no towels . You need to be in a Platinum to get towels (shocking) £889.00 for the gas to run out on us and not be refilled until the next day. It was by far the worse accommodation, that I have ever stayed in , The restrictions are in place so that does make it difficult, why would the entertainment be finished at 8.15pm. I have no words wont be going to haven again- Now way its not value for money by any means

Room tip: you have to pay over the odds to get good accommodation- we payed 889 not worth it
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Jack Walters in the marsh is very helpful and friendly. He is very approachable and very knowledgeable on what is available and not and always eager to help. We had a celebration for my friends daughters birthday and he was keen bringing the cake out and happy to sing
Him and lowri made my friends daughters birthday celebration meal even better. Da Iawn Jack

1  Thank F4289UOdarrenw
Reviewed 23 July 2021

Lowri in The Marsh Restaurant Is Very Professional At Her Job she was keen and very knowledgeable in regards to what was available and not. Lowri was very friendly and approachable made our evening more enjoyable. Da Iawn Lowri