Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,047 results
All reviews mash and barrel outdoor pool on site papa johns prestige caravan live lounge evening entertainment holiday park mini golf woodland walk central heating entertainment team aerial adventure my son entertainment complex book activities great caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2021

Booked a stay and play holiday for this site. Couldn’t get any tables for food on the booking app. Or any activities as it’s just for over fives mainly. Booked the swimming session and had to wear wrist bands. They fell off in ten mins of being in the water and we had a pool full off wrists Bands floating all over. Very Covid friendly not. We went in to ask about meals and were told the booking app doesn’t let you book more than three people. So family of more than three people you have to go in. The waiter told us that you can’t swap anything on the menu either so if you have a one year old that likes sausages and chips you’ve gotta order two meals for one child or just stick to the one displayed. So my one and two year old had great joy throwing the spiralized veggies all over the place. The outside veranda was never full and neither was the inside. The arcade was always open but the entertainment was a bloke in a costume dancing to old songs. Then bingo. We left after one drink. The beach is beautiful I will give it that but if you’ve a pram to take it’s gonna be an adventure. The hills are horrendous to get back up and the one route with steps as advertised is unsafe as one of the steps is rusted away and has a stone in the middle. But not actually part of the park apparently and council owned I was told when complaining. The mattress we had in the caravan was broken and the heating didn’t work either. We came away early as the place was abysmal. Nothing for kids to do and we spent most of the time away from the park. The response we got back from haven was a ten percent of our money back for not being able to book activities. It cost us 100 pound more to book stay and play and they offered us fifty quid. Disgusting from the haven site and you can’t complain like you would if you’d booked through a travel place to go abroad as it’s not part of the insurance people. Save yourself the money and just go to the beach a couple of times during the holidays and a couple of trips to A theme park. Much more worth the money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2021

I'll summarise. Arrived as instructed at 5.00, reception shut on busy Saturday. Tried many times over several days to book activity...any activity ...for kids, none available. Offered one swim in pool but in 3 weeks time.
Told outside tables fully booked yet only 2 were in use.
Covid gets the blame,but that's only partly true.
Outside pool closed most days in sunny weather. How is that covid?
Management is notably absent.
Try telling your kids (in our case 2 grandkids) they cant do the things they have been looking forward to. It's not a happy experience.
Only upside we were in private clean caravan.

Dont go !!!

2  Thank martyTenburywells
Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

We had booked for a 3 day break with grandchildren aged 5 and 8 years old. The break was booked back in February this year and yet we were unable to book any of the activities/ restaurants, swimming or anything on site. This was a huge disappointment to the children having to watch other people doing activities and having to explain that we were unable to book. We had booked a top of the range caravan in Milkwood way and unfortunately the caravan looks nothing like the brochure. It was unclean and run down, we were unable to sit on the stained sofa due to the seating having collapsed. The kitchen was in need of a good clean, the cutlery draw full of crumbs and food. Due to the beds we had to leave early on Sunday as we could not spend another night in the beds due to the poor mattress quality and a flat pillow each. This left you waking up in the morning with a cricket neck and back problems, the caravan was NOT prestige.
The site itself had a small park and the fact that every caravan was occupied indicated that the site is unable to cope with the numbers. All activities although the website said were booked we saw nobody using them including high ropes and trampoline.
The beach is quite a trek to get to if you have mobility issues, we are regular gym users and it’s one huge climb whichever way you go especially with kids. NewQuay was ok but you were not able to book anything in restaurants etc so really disappointing as cannot even stop for a coffee.
This site needs to improve drastically and we would never stay here through choice. Choose LYDSTEP as far better.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2021

We have been to many Haven parks over the years, originally this break was planned for last year but had to be moved due to the pandemic. As a shielder this is the first time we'd been away since the pandemic began, I had hoped that Haven's cleanliness guarentee would make me feel somewhat safer being away but sadly our caravan was dirtier than some had been pre-pandemic!

Upon entry to our caravan we found crumbs in various places around the floor, the bottom of the toilet area dirty, doors hanging off, fittings hanging off etc (and this was a prestige caravan!) Thankfully I had come prepared and brought cleaning stuff with us, we did report this to reception and some cleaning ladies came and re-did the floor but not so much as an apology otherwise so their cleanliness guarentee isn't worth the paper it is written on.

This has to be the worst and most run down prestige van we have ever stayed in, whilst there I actually felt some of the deluxe vans looked in better condition! The cleanliness around the park itself wasn't great either with bins overflowing everywhere you looked. The only plus for cleanliness was the arcade where they are making sure you gel your hands on arrival and there is hand gel placed all around the arcade.

This park has the potential to be so much better, it is in a beautiful area and we did actually have an amazing time away from the park but the park itself was a big let down. We won't be visiting this one again.

Reviewed 29 July 2021

Our holiday was booked for over a year and we were booked for a 'stay and play' from the 23rd July - 30th July.. My mother-in-law booked the holiday for her and her son and we planned to stay from the 24th to 30th. However, after arriving on the 24th we left on the 28th. My mother and brother in-law are leaving a day early on the 27th.

Covid Restrictions:

Whilst I fully understand and appreciate that we are still in the midst of a pandemic, it appeared that Quay West were wholly unprepared to be open during restrictions. We were told that there was an app on the phone where we would need to book swimming, tables for the restaurant and any activities. However, as soon as we got onto the app, EVERYTHING was fully booked. My mother-in-law queried this with reception prior to us leaving and we were told that there was nothing that they could do and that we just had to get on with it. My mother-in-law then contacted head office to explain that she had purchased a 'stay and play' holiday but that we couldn't do anything due to the booking system. A staff member at head office explained that this should not be the case and that we should have priority due it being a 'stay and play' holiday and assured her that he would contact reception and inform them of this.
My mother-in-law contacted reception the following day who told us that there was no priority booking but that we could book seating at the restaurant, entertainment venue and any activities each day. She also said that she would book us in for the entertainment on the Saturday evening and dinner on the Friday evening. However, on Friday there was no table reserved for dinner and we were turned away from the evening entertainment on the Saturday evening due to no booking appearing. My mother-in-law stood with the manager on the Saturday evening who booked us in for Sunday, but to our surprise again, come Sunday there was no booking. Had it not been for one of the entertainers who had been stood with my mother-in-law when she booked in, we would not have been able to attend the entertainment.
On the Sunday afternoon we asked the entertainment venue whether there was space for us as we could see multiple tables available, only to be told that there was no space.

Swimming:

Trying to book swimming was horrendous. If you were unable to book a session (which became sold out as soon as they were live on the app), then you had to wait to see if people hadn't shown up before they let you in. This was especially difficult with a three year old who didn't fully understand why we had to wait for 10 minutes after everyone had gone into the pool and who would have to get into a swim suit every day to then be turned away on most occasions. Yet, when we were able to get into swimming, there were only four families within the pool (including my own).

Furthermore, the splash pad and outdoor pool was never on, even when we had scorching weather.

Using the app on Tuesday, I booked my family in for a swim session at 1pm. However, when we attended we were told that the app had only booked one of our party in (even though the app is for the whole party). I queried this as I have used the app before to book our first swim session, but was told it was what it was and that we would have to wait to see if a family did not turn up.

Activities:

Quay West is in the middle of nowhere and there is literally nothing to do on a rainy day. The park benefits from some activities, such as a trampoline, pottery painting, a small park, segways and tree top adventures. However, despite the trampoline activities stating they were sold out, on multiple occasions I waited at the allocated activity time to see if they were running and only twice did I see one child on it. Likewise for segway, which I didnt see on once.
The pottery painting was the only thing that we could get our three year old on, which was nice, however they only allowed two families in at once which meant that the activity quickly sold out.
There was no option on the activity page of the app to book the tree top adventures, so yet again we were unable to do this.
The park is very small and children appeared to bore of it very quickly. With the amount of children at the park, it was difficult for my three year old to get on much every time we visited the park.

Staff:

The staff were one of the biggest issues at the park, with a lot of them being unprofessional and clearly fed up with their jobs. The only members of staff who appeared to remain professional and polite were the children's entertainers and most of the swimming staff members. I fully understand the stresses involved with being a worker during covid restrictions, I am a key worker myself as is my husband, and I fully appreciate the stress involved when you are short staffed, as again, we have both been there. However, I have never dealt with so many unprofessional members of staff in one place before and I feel that it is important to highlight this issue as this is one thing that made us leave our holiday early.

Restaurant staff - On our first night at the restaurant we could see our drinks sat on the side of the bar with all staff chatting with each other or with customers. Unfamiliar with the restrictions that the restaurant had put in place, my mother in law went up to the bar to ask if it was okay if we took the drinks over to our table ourselves. My mother-in-law is a softly spoken, non-confrontational person who was very polite when she asked. However, a female member of staff (who I believe was the restaurant manager) replied by shouting at my mother-in-law and telling her that she could not take the drinks as it was table service only and that she needed to be patient and wait. My mother-in-law apologized and returned to our table upset. This also upset my three year old who is quite sensitive around shouting, arguing and loud noises.

We decided to return to the restaurant the following morning for breakfast (which you don't have to book for some reason), in the hope that we would miss the 'manager'. Unfortunately, the same lady was there, so I decided to take lead due to the upset caused the evening before. I politely asked another member of staff whether we could have a table for breakfast, however the manager clicked her fingers at me to get my attention before abruptly stating 'you can have a table but there are only four of us doing 10 peoples jobs, so it takes as long as it takes'. Taken aback a little, I nodded and asked whether they had the capacity (baring in mind we were the only customers present), however she did not answer me and instead turned to a member of staff who was stood just off to our right and said 'Manuel, can you show these customers to a table?' to which the waiter replied 'No, not really'. Again, surprised by this, we said little and followed the waiter as he huffed and puffed, whining about the hours he had worked that week.
The waiter was incredibly difficult to speak with, talking over us and telling us that we didn't understand how tired he was when we ordered our food. Furthermore, we were sat in the shade with three other tables available. My mother-in-law had parked her mobility scooter next to the table behind us due to there being little space available and her walking being quite poor. However, the lady who had shouted at her the evening prior wandered over with a couple and told her to move the scooter as she wanted to place the couple at the table. Yet, there were two other tables in the same area that were empty with the same amount of chairs available. The couple stated that they were happy to sit at the other table, but the manager stated 'no' before storming off.

On another occasion my mother-in-law had popped into the restaurant to ask whether they had any tables available that evening and was turned away. My husband then went into the restaurant to book in another evening when a family in front were offered a table for 6.30 pm. Taken aback by this my husband asked the waiter why he had turned his mother away when she had asked not five minutes before. The waiter stated that they only had capacity for 21 tables and already had 80 people booked in for that evening. Looking about the room, my husband noted that five tables were taken and that was it. We were booked in after this and throughout the time that we were having food 6:15 to 8pm, only 13 tables were taken including ours.

Entertainment staff - Whilst the entertainers were lovely and lively, the rest of the staff were not. When we had asked about the booking that their manager had made (politely) a member of staff snapped that 'if theres no booking then thats that'. I explained that their manager had said that she would be working that evening and that if there were any issues she said to speak to her, however the staff member shrugged her shoulders and told us tough. Luckily, an entertainer had been there when the manager had booked us in and we were able to get in because she could back us up.

Member of staff behind arcade shop - Before leaving we decided to take our little one to the arcade to see how many tickets he had and what we could get him for the journey back. I stood at the shop counter waiting for the member of staff to reappear as she had just left and entered the arcade. Assuming that she had gone to fix a machine, I waited patiently for her to come back. When she did wander back with another member of staff, instead of acknowledging I was there she turned her back to me and instead stood speaking with the staff member she was with and another member of staff. They then walked back into the arcade, making eye contact with me like we were teenagers in high school. Again, I waited for a few moments before I could see them wandering back and so decided to approach them to ask if the shop was open. The female staff members rolled her eyes once more before sighing and telling me that she would be there in a minute.

Cleanliness:

Considering that we are in the middle of a pandemic and that you couldn't possibly book into a restaurant that is empty due to COVID, the cleanliness of the park is abysmal.
There is no soap in the soap dispensers in the bathrooms, no hand sanitizer in the automatic dispensers and I saw 0 evidence of staff cleaning arcade equipment. People were allowed to be shoulder to shoulder with others whilst using arcade equipment and wrappers/empty bottles were still in the same place as they were the night before.
The toilets were dirty and the swimming pool changing rooms stank of urine every time we went in.

WIFI and phone signal:

There is no WIFI available to the caravans, and is only available at the main complex. Even then it is flaky and you get kicked out a few times. Phone signal is awful, of the four people within my party who have phones and are on different networks, none of us had signal. We found this especially worrisome as there was no means of contacting emergency services should you require them.
The park tells you to book activities on the app, yet you can't access it without going down to the main complex.

In conclusion:

It appears that the park is severely understaffed and unprepared. If you have children, particularly young ones, I'd advise not taking them. My three year old was bored out of his mind all holiday.
The arcade is tiny, the pool is 'fully booked', the staff are horrendously rude and there are 0 activities to book onto. The park is in a remote location and there is nothing to do outside of the park unless you travel for over an hour.

My family and I are non-confrontational and understood that staff were stressed out due to low staff levels. Whilst I would understand the attitudes of staff members if we had been rude towards them, we tried to remain kind and polite throughout each experience and were spoken to in an appalling manner.

All in all, I would never visit this site ever again.

Room tip: Prestige caravan is definitely worth the extra money.
3  Thank Allysha M