Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,047 results
All reviews mash and barrel outdoor pool on site papa johns prestige caravan live lounge evening entertainment holiday park mini golf woodland walk central heating entertainment team aerial adventure my son entertainment complex book activities great caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2021 via mobile

Just went to the shop for some milk got to the counter, no card payment only cash. No back up plan from behind the counter didn’t see any signs with cash only on. The only solution they gave me was to go to the card machine and get some money out, had no cards on me only my phone. I would have thought a good will gesture would have been to let me take the milk come back later with my cards get money out and then pay. No good will from the staff just job worth’s. Makes not want to come to this place again.

1  Thank Z115RIjohnb
Reviewed 17 October 2021

Lovely welcome on arrival - a really good start for this four day break, caravan was clean and comfortable, location was lovely , staff friendly and helpful made to feel welcome, nice restaurant on site and food was surprisingly good, pleasant walk direct to the beach. holiday park lovely and clean as I expected with past breaks with Haven , cannot wait to go again as it was a nice relaxing break.

Reviewed 11 October 2021 via mobile

The site is in a beautiful spot, and we had a private hire caravan on the front row over looking the sea, which is very relaxing. However, the actual site is very very poor and I would have been very disappointed if I had booked a haven holiday. A family next to us had paid £1500 for four nights with Haven and could not book any activities.

The restaurant was closed due to covid issues with staffing, the pool is very small and the park is falling to pieces and is unsafe. Apparently the issues with the park had been there for months and had not been repaired. I did not see anyone on the trampoline or high wire course either during our time. We visit Hafan y mor often and would recommend this over this site every single time. Unless you just want a base to travel to other coastal areas. We have a 9 and 7 year old so Hafan is much better for them.

The town of New Quay is lovely as are lots of the beaches but we did not really have great weather, but we got out as much as we could with a few extra layers. We also visited the nearby town of Aberearon which we liked and it had a great park for the kids and a lovely bakery, waffle shop and places to eat. You can do some crabbing from the harbour walls in both places. The lime and crab chip shop in new quay is worth a visit and has veggie and vegan options!

We hired our caravan from a private owner - 87 Powys. The caravan had no bin or toilet roll holder, broken bed slats, dirty sock in the bedroom side table but other than that was nice enough. The top cupboard over the oven fell on our arrival and nearly took my head off. We managed to temporarily fix it but have since been accused of ‘ripping’ the cupboard off it’s hinges and had £100 taken plus threats to be taken to a small claims court. This has caused us a lot of upset as we are respectful renters and have never dealt with anything like this off from an owner before or had a bond taken. The total lack of willingness to communicate with us, and the accusations of deliberate damage from the owner ruined what was a much needed family break. Be careful who you’re are booking with.

Room tip: Book restaurants in advance in high season, take your own food with you as very few supermarkets or shops for food. Enjoy gelato in Newquay
Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank LeylaM
Reviewed 10 October 2021

We stayed at Haven caravan site for 10 nights. We were in Teide. Not a bad area, caravan was basic but fine for just the two of us. The mattress and bed base were broken but after reporting this, it was remedied within half an hour…great service!
It didn’t spoil our holiday. New Quay is beautiful. However walking to the beach is not good if you are not good at walking. It has a very steep path down to the beach. It’s a tough climb on the way back. The beach is beautiful though and if you walk across to the other side where the harbour is you can book boat trips which take you out to see dolphins. This is a must! There’s not a great deal to do on the site. The club was really noisy and you have to pay extra for this. We gave it a miss. Bits the outdoor and indoor pools were quite small and you had to prey book. We gave them a miss. The restaurant had nice food but you have to pre book. We ate there twice.
It’s about a 25 minute walk …all up hill to New Quay where there are shops, cafes, restaurants etc….but…you had to book tor evening meals in restaurants. We managed to eat out a few times but also cooked in the caravan.
New Quay is a lovely seaside town and has 3 lovely beaches and a harbour. However, being there for 10 nights we pretty much exhausted it and can’t see us returning for another holiday. I think you should try it though…be prepared to do quite a bit if walking!M

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Worst haven we have visited, we have just got back from a Monday - Friday, we ended up coming home a day early from boredom as there were no activities on for the children, swimming pool is small and no noodles or anything for the kids to hire. Mini golf wasn’t on, it’s like if it’s not a half term and every caravan is booked then no activities are going to be on for any other children which isn’t really fair as our kids came to have fun and it was the total opposite. Arcades are ok but most of the machines that were meant to print tickets out when you earned them didn’t print any, entertainment was boring no characters out all week, I went into the reception to ask whether I could change our swimming slot a bit earlier and the blonde curly haired woman on reception asked me if I had a face covering, firstly as I walked in all the staff were sat closer than arms length and not wearing masks but as soon as I got 2 steps away she quickly threw the mask on, but being exempt I told her no I don’t sorry I’m exempt, she looked at me and laughed and looked at her colleague and said OH ha you’re exempt? And looked at me like I was lying. Made me feel embarrassed as they were staring and laughing at me mocking me, also I’m double jabbed maybe I should have let you know but I was too embarrassed to even respond, so thank you for making me feel like this! Shocking customer service!! There’s other haven staff who are either exempt or just not wearing masks, leave people be and mind your own business, not everyone’s problems and exemptions are visible!! Mash and barrel all the staff were very pleasant and hardworking, food was delicious! New quay is a lovely area but nothing to do for the children as much as other haven sites in England are much better. Overall the caravan we stayed at cardigan 22 was lovely and clean and had an amazing view. Unfortunately wouldn’t go back to this particular haven.

1  Thank Abbie C