“Top class Parkland Course”

Portarlington Golf Club
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

If you want a golf challenge then Portatlington (aka Garryhinch) is a must. Superb condition, well maintained & friendly staff. Nearly every hole is tree lined & the greens are their defense, watch out for Amen Corner, 14, 15, 16 & 17...

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

This was probably the worst sunday dinner we have ever had and would never return under the current owner. The vol au vont cases were stale and at a guess at least 4/5 days old, soup was bland..gravy way to salty..very dry turkey and the vegetables consisting of carrot broccoli and cauliflower smelled and taste awful. .it was that bad we didnt order dessert which is a 1st for me in all the yrs ive eaten out..menu didnt even have dinners on it, I had to ask and was told they had dinners but not on the menu ?????.. my son had a chicken burger which for ten euro I expected something better than a frozen burger... stuffing was ok..ham edible n chips were nice....for nearly 70 euro less dessert not good value and could do better with a camp fire tbh..if you like bad food or have no pallet then this is the place for you...btw I told them what I thought when asked but got a half hearted sorry while taking my money.

8  Thank Karl l
Reviewed 24 April 2015

Played this week and found the course in excellent condition. The food served in the club is excellent and well priced.
Well worth a visit and the course is flat and easy walking.

Reviewed 30 November 2014

Played here a good few times over the years and it looks like it has been hit hard by the recession. Fairways and tee boxes not cut. No definition between fairway and rough also greens in shocking condition, greens pole forked and no sand used to fill holes.course just not being maintained as in years past.

3  Thank Golfnut6969
cappakeelontour, Social Media Moderator at Portarlington Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. As with the majority of golf clubs the economic climate has meant cutbacks were required but our priority is always on our course and maintaining it to the best of our resources. I have passed your feedback on to our greens keeper as it is always good to get constructive feedback about where we can improve. I hope we can welcome you back in the new season when our course will be back to its beautiful best.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was remiss not to write a review when we visited here in July last year. Coming from Portarlington in Australia, of course we were going to pop in here on our travels. The welcome from the Captain and other board members was fantastic. We enjoyed our meal and drinks as well. Would hope that we can visit again in 2017 and this time have a round of golf with some members as well. Lovely spot!

1  Thank Jim P