Stayed at the Angsoka Villa with my husband and 4 other friends (total 6 of us). The villa is really huge and spacious within.
Upon arrival at the ferry, we were ushered to a bus where we waited for the fellow Bintan Lagoon Resort stayers to board the bus. The bus was leaking water from its aircon in one of the rear seats though.
I think the bus journey to the resort took about 30mins? Along the way, there were lots of greeneries after greeneries.. I even spotted some monkeys playing on the roadside!
Upon arrival, we were served a plum juice alike welcome drink. The check in process took us about 20 mins as we had to wait for the buggy/villa operator to show us to our villa. Each villa had a battery chargeable buggy,where the charger was right at the porch. We had fun taking turns to drive the buggy to and from the villa and the main lobby.
There were a total of four rooms at the second floor of the villa, and there were 3 bathrooms so it was very convenient for the 6 of us to take turn using it. The rooms were clean although they do look abit worn. The twin beds were like on rollers, where they moved easily when I toss and turn in bed.
We definitely enjoyed our private pool to ourselves but me and another friend had suffered some scratches on our toes from the chipped tiles on the pool floor. Our pool was clean on the first day when we arrived (we stayed 3 nights) but by the 2nd day onwards, the pool surface had floating flies, leaves and other insects which we found them abit gross. It will be good if the resort cleans the pool daily or once every two days.
The public pool is also gorgeous, and big too! We enjoyed ourselves with a game of basketball which could be borrowed, at no charge, from the staff stationed at the pool. The staff a the pool side bar was also friendly and our order of Mango margarita was served within 5minutes. Delicious! One thing to note is that the jacuzzi at the pool was pretty weak. Didn't really feel the power of the water stream though.
Room service was pretty fast too and our food arrived still hot/warm. We find the room service food was excellent. For the breakfast, it was more or less the same menu. Selection of food is not wide but okay. For our last night of our stay, we dined at the seafood restaurant on the beach. It was an expensive one but the food was good!
Overall, we like the large villa and especially its private pool. Our deal was really good but just that the services within the resort are a tad too pricey. Best thing of all, it's the company of friends and loved ones which will make the trip more enjoyable. =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands