The new ferry has started in July and it's great. No need to get the shuttle bus anymore. The ferry takes about an hour from Tanah Merah jetty in Singapore (near the airport) to the new hotel jetty where immigration is done upon arrival. So easy to get there now from Singapore. We had a lovely time. It's an impressive looking resort with beautiful tropical gardens. The pool is really nice and the beach is magnificent. Miles of white sand that is cleaned and groomed each day. You can even go skinny dipping if you walk out along the beach to the wonderful deserted sections further away, no other people, so peaceful!
The resort is fine, I didn't notice any run down or worn out areas. I guess any place that is not brand new could be renovated, but to me this resort is not at that stage yet. Our room faced out to the sea across the garden and it was so beautiful to sit on the balcony in the warm breeze. The room was clean and had a bath, yea! we love a bath in the room. It came supplied with bathroom extras such as shampoo, etc and had big fluffy towels. Although it was school holidays we didn't notice any excess noise and had a great sleep each night (and during the day!). We thought the food was fine, the breakfast buffet caters for all tastes and the small cafe next to reception had a great array of wraps, foccacias and all kinds of smoothies for lunch. Dinner at the Kopi O tam restaurant (same place as breakfast) at night was great also. We also ate at the beachside restaurant and it was a delicious meal sitting beside the ocean with candlelight; I mean really, it's heaven isn't it? The golf course is well run, great to play on and the golf club restaurant really nice. The food is good and you get to sit right next to the fairway and watch other golfers on their way in.
I would reserve my greatest praise for the staff; they are so genuinely friendly, they couldn't keep it up if they weren't. Everywhere we went it was no trouble for the staff to assist, from reception, business centre, golf course, restaurants, ferry, immigration, pool, even the gardeners stopped for a chat. I should mention that they also have villas for families and groups set along the beach and lots of activites for kids and grown ups
If you want a carefree, well maintained, easy to get to resort for couples or families or groups in the warm tropical sun where you can swim and golf and relax then this is the place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands