Very nice resort, right on the beach, with very friendly staff. We went there from Singapore by a special ferry (75 minutes). An advantage is that is has everything: several restaurants, golf courses, beautiful beach, swimming pools, etc. A disadvantage is that it is isolated, you cannot go easily to another place, for instance for a dinner. Another disadvantage is that it is not cheap at all: food, drinks, and activities you have to pay for are quite expensive. The quality of the food is okay, but considering the price you would expect more. The breakfast is very extended; the choice is overwhelming. It is a combination of Indian, Indonesian and Western (English) food. For some items you would expect better quality. For instance the orange juice and pineapple juice are not fresh, but seem chemical-based. Moreover. the breakfast is in an open and very warm and noisy room.
While there we did a mangrove tour. This is very recommendable. It was definitely worth the money. You go by car (about 30 minutes drive) to the sea at the ending of a river and then by boat down the river trough a mangrove wood. Amazing. We saw several snakes, monkeys. The guide of the boat was very friendly and helpful.
All in all our two day resort visit was, though quite expensive, a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island, Riau Islands