Lowest prices for your stay
US$175
Hotels.com
US$175
Agoda.com
US$125
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$191
Hotel WebsiteUS$150
TravelocityUS$175
All reviews seafood restaurant resort bintan jellyfish activities
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Wonderful hosts, beautiful place to stay, by the beach, away from the city and city's mess, clean, happy, wind in the air.. ah bliss! Mayang Sari has all that and much more to offer. A quick ferry ride from Singapore, you are welcomed by these really kind people who drive you up to the resort. I even got a free upgrade to the villa as my rooms were blocked out. Who does that? They didn't even make us wait.
The food there at Spice is amazing. They have really good Indian and local food. The Indian dishes there are must try.
It is just a stone throw away from Nirwana Gardens, Nirwana Beach Club. So, resort hopping is possible too. They rent out bikes if required.
There are some water sports like the banana boat ride and jet skiing by the beach.
The Arcade nearby has a wonderful massage centre - very cheap and MUST TRY.

I would like to specially mention Gomgom - at the concierge at Mayang Sari. He sets an example of how you are a good host and the guests feel welcomed.

I am going back there for sure!

PS- I went with my parents and they LOVED the hospitality extended :)

Room tip: Opt for the Indra maya Villa if in budget, else place a request for the beach facing room.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank eknahdus
Reviewed 2 October 2012

It so happened that I got to Bintan on the same week as China's Golden Week holidays. So, Bintan is busier than normal. With the commotion around me, I reminded myself again why I booked myself in at the Mayang Sari, to be away from humanity, to be left alone and just be. The experience of the hotel began the moment I arrived at the island's ferry terminal, with many of its staff greeting the guests and to ensure that we were getting into the right bus. The staff was patient and made the effort to talk to every and each passengers on the bus to ensure that they were all heading to the right destinations. Check-in time was at a rather late 3pm and check-out time was at around 12pm. So, we waited a while to be ushered into our room. The best thing of this place was definitely its natural pristine environment. The second best thing would be its gentle, friendly and laid-back staff that was always smiley and ready to crack a joke with us. The other reviewer got it right to say that there weren't enough seating for guests to lounge around, unless they wanted to sit in the restaurant. Restroom was tucked at the rear, which we could find easily by asking the attendant. The chalet that I'm occupying now has a lot of old-world charm. A lot of reviewers are complaining about its run-down decor but to be perfectly honest, we are amid tropical mangrove and such setting simply enhances the languid nature of the environment that we are in. The bed was firm and comfortable (Westerners would opt for softer bed naturally) and there were plenty of chaise lounge and settees in the room but to be truthful, I would rather lay down on the floor with the rattan carpet. The bathroom floor was of the exposed aggregate concrete and thus, low maintenance. There was safe, fridge, shelving for luggage tucked at the rear (discreet). All the amenities were provided (and some). Furthermore, there was air-con, wi-fi (inclusive). The downside of the bathroom would be its press-to-use tap as if I was in a public bathroom. The chalets were meandering throughout the resort and everyone was given their own space to do whatever that took their fancy. I would come here again for its staff and its pristine natural environment. It may not be the best as Banyan Tree but this would make do for me now. Booking with Singaporean travel agent would be a wiser option to book for cheaper room. Commendable stay.

Room tip: Ask for what you look for: quietness or convenience. The staff is there to help
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Ping L
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Amazing location. Pricey for the quality of the accommodation. Needs renovation. But I am a sucker for a night or two away on a tropical island with powdery white sand and clear blue water, and will no doubt fall for it again

Room tip: Go for a sea view room
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is my second visit to this resort with my last visit in 2009. First impression of this place is that nothing much has changed, except for the relocation of the Spice Restaurant from the beach to the main building. Previous stay was at Dolphin which was a chalet that is sea facing. Decided to try out garden view chalets this time round and got black ant, which was situated in between the sea facing chalets and the road. Checking in was relatively smooth though slow, took around over 10 minutes to get the process done. This is probably because there were a couple of other guests in front of me in the line, nothing to complain about. Upon stepping into the chalet, realized that room wise, nothing has changed over the past 3 years; tiny CRT, rickety bed, broken furniture, etc. Floor was extremely dusty. Minimum bathroom amenities were provided, no floor mat and hand towels. I had to inform reception on these while I popped by Spice Restaurant for lunch. Pleasantly, the room was swept and mopped when I returned after 2 hours, and floor mat added. However, floor still feels dusty and sandy, probably because the sand left by previously occupants were wedged between the grooves on the flooring. Base for the fridge was broken but doesn’t really affect me in any way. After a while, I’d received a call from reception that the resort will be giving me a birthday cake, since my stay coincides with my birthday, which was a pleasant surprise. The beach was relatively pristine, calm and shallow waters. However, the negative point is that the beach hut closes at 5:30pm which was like duh, the sun is still up! Dinner at Kelong was surprising good, took a set dinner for two at SGD98++ which consist of crab, prawn, poultry, sharks fin, etc. I was originally planning to take the resort’s shuttle to the restaurant but the person did not announce the bus has arrived and went without us. Instead, the resort called in their buggy driver to send us to the restaurant which was 5 minutes away, another pleasant surprise. Return trip from restaurant to resort was horrendous; spent 45 minutes riding and waiting to get back to Mayang Sari when its only a 10 to 15 minutes walk. The bus from Kelong goes back to main resort lobby and from there, another 15 minutes wait for the next bus to come along and pick us up back to the resort. In all, I echo what the others have mentioned about this resort; facilities are close to run down and cleanliness is an issue, but besides these, the environment and the staff certainly make up for these shortcomings. Besides these, the rest of the stay at Mayang Sari was quite pleasant and I’ll look forward to my next stay at this resort.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jianz
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We paid 340 sing $ a night for two nights. In return we provided with accomadation that had last been upgraded, it would seem in the '80s. Paint peeling from the woodwork, bathrooms that make you shudder at the prospect of using them, cockroach central. All the elecetrical appliances have two pin plugs that are jammed into three pin sockets by electricians using a screwdriver. Staff who politely laugh when you point all this out to them.

A pity since the one attribute that is untouched by the management, the beach and the surrounding sea are first class, and the people runing the place are in general friendly aqnd try quite hard. Nevertheless the sucking sound you hear is the sound of your money being syphoned away into the pockets of resort owners who could care less about value for money. Shame...

Date of stay: August 2012