Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
US$130
Free cancellation until 18/08/22
Agoda.com
US$111
Hotels.comUS$130
Hotel WebsiteUS$139
HurbUS$154
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2013

If you love spending time on the beach and can ignore the fact that rooms have been ignored for years then this place is quite good. They want to create a rustic feeling and I get it but they can still maintain a decent flooring and furniture for the price charged. The restaurant is okay, buffet is decent as well. The rooms look good from the outside and open right into the sea which I absolutely loved and so did my 2 year old.

Beach is beautiful and not many people so you can just relax and have good time. There is a mini zoo near by which is not bad for small kids.

Room tip: Go for sea turtle rooms, they are towards the end of the beach and quite close to the beach.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

A relaxing and quiet place to spend time together.
All the staff are really friendly & helpful. The service is excellent such as:
- the pickup staff already waiting at the ferry terminal when we arrived
- they're using their buggy car to drive us to our chalets when it rain
- frequent shuttle bus to travel inside the huge resort

The chalet is clean & spacious, although a little bit old.
The food is fresh & delicious, especially the seafood.

The beach is clean, the water is calm and the most important thing is it never crowded.
We saw a very beautiful double rainbow while swimming at the beach, lovely.

This place is rather expensive, but overall a nice place for relaxing.

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The resort itself wasn't very new but it was well maintained. It had the old beach vibe with big, spacious rooms but well worn wood. The bathroom floor itself is stone which may not appeal to some, but it's all part of the beach-y feel.

Because we were there from a Wednesday to Friday on off-peak season, the resort was pretty empty (though there were a few others staying in the other Nirwana resorts) and the staff was very attentive and helpful. They always offered to help and give tips to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Mayang Sari in particular is in the far off corner which keeps it secluded and quiet. The beach was great and there were a good number of beach chairs around for our use. Limiting our stay to Mayang Sari (with one occasional trip to the Chinese seafood restaurant nearby only once), the food in the resort was great at the Spice restaurant. Good Indonesian and Indian choices with a sufficient variety for breakfast. We definitely want to keep coming back!

Room tip: Go during the off-peak season and get a beach front room.
Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank Discursus
Reviewed 16 December 2012

If you are in desperate need of a getaway but have limited time, Mayang Sari is a great place to go. I only had 2 days and was contemplating places like Tioman, Penang and even Bangkok. When I decided on Bintan, I was warned to be prepared to be disappointed. On the contrary, I was pretty impressed, especially by the cleanliness of the beach - it was so clear that when i stood in it, i can see fish swimming around my legs!

We were deciding between Mayang Sari and Nirwana Resort. When we got there, we had a look around - Mayang Sari was more rustic, more laid back and quieter while Nirwana Resort had more facilities, more restaurants/bars and more hype. We were very satisfied with our choice as Mayang Sari was a lot less crowded and had a bigger beach area. We stayed in a sea-facing villa and it was near perfect. The decor was very rustic and chilled; there was free drinks (soft drinks & mineral water) in the minibar, the bed was huge and soft, and the sea was right outside our porch. The only down side was that the bathroom was a little old but it was clean and everything else made up for it. The service was great - everyone was really friendly and helpful.

The resort was really well-maintained. We had a pleasant surprise when we walked from our hotel over to the nirwana resort hotel. We came across this "zoo" area where they kept animals like a vulture, hawk, crocodile, giant catfish, cobra, pythons... it was pretty impressive! I totally didn't expect that. The swimming pool was really nice, especially the jacuzzi bit and the pool bar was lovely.

Price-wise, it really is Singapore rates. We had dinner at the Kelong and I think it was a little overpriced and definitely not the best seafood. The black pepper crab was nothing like what we have in Singapore (it was a lot more buttery and sweeter) and the scallops were bland. Breakfast was a huge buffet spread at the Spice restaurant, with an amazing view of the sea and the beach so that was pretty awesome. One piece of advice - bring your own snacks and alcohol if you want to save some money. We did that and had a great picnic on our porch.

Room tip: Get a sea-front villa!
Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 30 October 2012

At first I was really hesitant to book this resort because of the mixed reviews (both positive and negative) that I read here in TripAdvisor. But then I still decided to book this resort (for 5 people) due to time and budget constraints. My expectations were not that high before we went to this place, especially for a person who came from a country that has lots of beautiful beaches (The Philippines). But when I saw the beach, I was truly amazed. Not really the most perfect beach out there, but the place is quite astonishing. There came a point wherein we felt that we own the place, less tourists and ideal for me and my friends! It's better than Phuket (Kata, Karon and Patong) to be honest with you, and less people, more privacy! And mind you, we went there during the holiday last week (Hari Raya). The staff was very helpful although I must agree that the price of food there is quite expensive (very Singaporean!). Also, don't try the Spa in the hotel, very expensive and not worth it. Go to Oleh, Oleh for cheaper massage! Anyway, in general we really enjoyed our stay, especially the sunset and the sand!

Date of stay: October 2012