“Sad sad state”

Plaza Lagoi
Ranked #19 of 20 things to do in Lagoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lagoi Bay set to be the new 'Heart of Bintan'. It concentrates a cluster of holiday resorts&villas, outdoor activities, shopping options as well as food&beverage outlets. Exciting events such as fun runs and festivals are increasingly held in the area on weekends along with food trucks&stalls set up to attract both local&foreign crowd. Around the vicinity of Plaza Lagoi, Lagoi bay welcomed new dining option such as Lamak Basamo, Cek Bakar and Warung Yeah! which serves interesting menu items at affordable local prices. Located a stone's throw away is the Lantern Park. One can walk amongst a variety of 21 bright&colorful lantern display of sea creatures&endangered land species. Strolling towards Lagoi Beach, couples can hang locks with their initials on a "Love Lock" structure, in memory of the beautiful time spent together. There is Rumah Imaji, with the concept of "A Window into Bintan" is an attraction that showcased about Bintan island in the picture& paint 3D art.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This plaza is sad. Period. There's no other descriptions other than sad. Go only if u have really nothing to do. There's no much food available, nothing to buy, nothing to shop. The beach is quite nice but you don't travel out just to see the beach and the view.
It is badly managed. Actually, the surroundings is very nice, peaceful and quiet because there really aren't a lot of people. The place really need some spruce up. The hotel provided a shuttle there and I am glad the return pick up is 2hrs away cos I think I will die of boredom.

lagoibay1, Owner at Plaza Lagoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, we greatly value your review about us. For next time you consider to visit Lagoi Bay, you can go to Plaza Lagoi 2nd Floor, you can try new atraction Rumah Imaji and Food*gram. Maybe you can try visit to Lantern Park, Yeah! Lounge, Spa, and more. Thank you :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This mall is brand new. As we went during the off peak season, there were not many people there. The shops are adequate. There were a few restaurants, a few shops for knick knacks and clothing, 2 massage parlours, a food court and a convenience store. The plaza is between the Grand Lagoi Hotel and the Lagoi Bay. the beach is
surprisingly nice and we can see that the area is still quite quiet.

There is enough to do and see for a relaxing weekend.

2  Thank JWTSG
lagoibay1, Owner at Plaza Lagoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, we greatly value your review about us. Hope you coming back to enjoy Lagoi Bay again :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was this developed to replace Pasar Oleh Oleh? When I went in June 2018 (the brochure said it opened in 2015), only about 20-30% of the shops were open - most shop spaces were vacant.

Of the 20-30% occupancy rate, the majority were little souvenir shops selling pretty much the same items (e.g. key chains, swim and beach toys, bags, basic toiletries, sarongs and swim gear, and snacks), plus a couple of clothing shops, basic spa/mani-pedi places, and a couple of food outlets (I saw a cafe and a seafood restaurant) and some stalls set up in the open space.

The best part of this place, for me, was the old Pasar Oleh Oleh store selling local keropok.

lagoibay1, Owner at Plaza Lagoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Yes. Correct Now Pasar Oleh-Oleh known as Lagoi Bay Bintan. We greatly value your review about us. Hope you coming back to enjoy Lagoi Bay again :)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I went there when was I staying at the Canopi Resort. Because they provided free shuttle bus, so I took the bait. When I arrived there, I got a shock of my life, cos the whole place was closed to empty and there were only 1 restaurant, 2 massage outlets, 2 "7-11" style of shop. I sat at one of the shop and waited for about 4 hours for the returning shuttle and I dare to say it was the longest 4 hours of my life.

lagoibay1, Owner at Plaza Lagoi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, we greatly value your review about us. Hope we can give better experience in Lagoi bay. We recommend you to visit Rumah Imaji. It is the newest entertaint at 2nd floor Plaza Lagoi. Rumah Imaji, with the concept of "A Window into Bintan" is an attraction that showcased about Malay culture especially Bintan island in the form of picture and painting three dimension.:)

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This is the only mall outside of our villa, holiday villa pantai indah. The shops were hardly opened. Dining options were very limited. Had lunch at a chinese restaurant, servings were huge, but price were on the higher side. Had a massage there which is fairly good though. Would be good if there are more variety of shops.

lagoibay1, Owner at Plaza Lagoi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, we greatly value your review about us. We recommend you to visit Rumah Imaji. It is the newest entertaint at 2nd floor Plaza Lagoi. Rumah Imaji, with the concept of "A Window into Bintan" is an attraction that showcased about Malay culture especially Bintan island in the form of picture and painting three dimension. Of course with affordable price :)