“Some reviews a bit unfair - We had a lovely time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tummel Bridge
Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Bless when we got there just before 4pm and the staff seemed overwhelmed with the number of people trying to check in. Even so we got checked in very quickly and trundled up to our caravan. Right at the top of the park (but we actually liked that) which Is not that big.
The caravan was is good condition. A few bumps and small flaws but nothing to maon about.
The thing that got me (altho my other half and son didnt seem bothered by it) was the caravan being on a hill slopped down one side. The journey from the fridge to the sink had me spinning at first.
But we settled in. Unpacked and had tea. We had no problems with the kitchen or lighting things. They even provided a cooker lighter. The fire was ok. The grill had its moments. The place was cosy but the other rooms (bedrooms) just had a electric fan. But we soon learned popping shoes in doors circulated the air better and got it warmer quicker.
The bathroom was surprisingly big and the shower was fantastic.
After tea we checked out the site.
In my opinon in parts its only very recently been done up. The entertainment was ok.Slightly too much bingo for me. We played pool most of the time. The arcade is small. The bar/ enetertainment staff friendly.
We didnt eat there but the food seemed really good.
Didnt even see a crazy golf oops if I missed it. The sports court is ok. The play area for kids I thought was really good. I did feel the saftey issue with the water. But it is fenced off partly and as awful as it sounds in this day and age do you really trust leaving kids to play on there own ?
We took up bikes and what a great idea that was. Loads of great places to go on the bikes.
Yes its isolated. Budget for petrol and you could see some wonderful sights.
We were lucky to see Enchated forest in pitlochry (on oct every year). If you visit in Oct this is such an amazing thing to do for all the family.
As a footnote we got offered another caravan the day after we checked in (because of the slopping caravan) but turned it down. We had settled into the one we had. I got used to it. But they did say they would look at it. They never did according to my over observate partner knowing caravans :-)
Swimming .... erm... when we got in a roudy dad and his kids where causing bedlam in the pool hurling balls really hard everywhere. I was disappointed to see the pool staff looking scared by them and not doing or saying anything. I was glad when they left. The changing rooms are ok. The sauna again ok. The sgl sex change room was ok because it had cubicles. Dont bother with the hairdryer. I can blow hotter air. The Hairdryer provided in our caravan was great.
This park is a great base to explore from. Its a quieter park and I suppose a hidaway. Not really much to do on it. But we went out every day.
There is a cashpoint on site (think it charges). I suppose you could live off the shop. Its reasonably priced. It all is actually the food.. the bar and shop.
The road didnt bother us at all. Its not that busy and its a standard country road. I dreaded it after reading the reviews on here. Its not even single track. Been down a lot worse.
All in all id go back again very happily.
noted not many pics so popped up a few.

Room Tip: If problems ask the staff. They are really helpful. Maybe ask for a caravan thats lower the hill if...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kasieworth

Reviewed 23 October 2012

stayed here for a 4 night break with my husband and grown up kids. We had a very relaxing break in one of the lodges. The swimming pool adults only hour in the morning was a winner with us as it was a nice start to the day. My daughter won money on the bingo only down side was we were a bit too far away from the shoe shops to spend her winnings!! Big plus is that this park is tucked away in a very quiet spot and you felt like you were miles from anywhere. Definately the place to go if you want a perfect hideaway.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank loughs
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My family and I have just returned from our break at Tummel Valley. Our kids are aged 10 and 12 and they loved every minute of it! The park and surroundings are beautiful. Yes, the main road does run through the park but its a fairly quiet road! ALL staff were friendly and welcoming right from the start! They made you feel like part of the family and went out of their way to help in any way they could. All the facilities were clean and the caravan we had was gorgeous. If its peace and quiet you are looking for its idyllic. We enjoyed our stay so much we booked for next year before we left the park!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Clanstewart
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed here for a midweek Parkdean 'Sun Holiday'. It cost hardly anything, the scenery was outstanding, the staff were all very friendly and the facilities were excellent – considering it's in such a remote location. If you have a chance, it’s well worth a visit, as is Pitlochry.

Room Tip: Book via the Sun Holiday promotion and you'll save loads.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank s7oney
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We sent our Son, Daughter-In-Law and Grandson to Tummel Valley Holiday Park for 4 nights for our son's birthday. We rented a 3 bedroom lodge. On line, the lodge looked very smart, but I wrongly expected it to be different from the on line images. How wrong can you be, It was fantastic. The lounge area was beautifully furnished, the open plan kitchen was like a show house, and the cream carpet in the lounge area was spotlessly clean. The master bedroom was spacious and the on-suite very very nice. The 2 other bedrooms were basic, with twin beds and not a lot else. The main bathroom was a good size and the shower was excellent. The Lodge was ideal for a family or a group of friends. There was a decking area that faced west, so if you are lucky to see the sun it would be great.
On site, there is a general store, a chip shop (lovely fish and chips) a swimming pool with a section for little ones. Unfortunately, the water was a bit cold and our Grandson (9 months) only lasted a few minutes before he started to chitter. I should have said that my wife and I stayed for 1 night at the lodge with our 20 month old Granddaughter. There is a restaurant/bar with entertainment in the evenings (there is kids entertainment from 18.00-19-00 each evening).
As you will gather our family enjoyed our stay at Tummel Valley Holiday Park, and our son has already booked a 1 weeks stay next May.

Room Tip: Try to get Lodge 7.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Fonab Castle Hotel
#4 of 18 in Pitlochry
17.6 km away
Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Parkdean - Tummel Valley Holiday Park? Share your experiences!