2,649 results
All reviews little touches castaway picnic cold towels dinner on the beach ice lollies our honeymoon fruit kebabs turn down service small hotel boutique hotel melon weather forecast beach towels coffee machine beach front mango junior suite
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely surprise. When we first arrived at the entrance, it didn’t look that impressive as the facade looked a bit tired. And there’s no car park within the grounds. We had to park by the road side. However, once we stepped into the lobby, we can understand why guests kept returning to CDM. The room is cosy. Spacious enough to be our home for a few nights.

Service was impeccable. Everyone was friendly and helpful. When we ordered snacks in between the changing of shift, the outgoing shift overlooked to key in the order. When the incoming shift found out that our order has been overlooked, they were very apologetic and offered us sparkling wine while we waited for the food to arrive.

The only minus - on our last night, housekeeping removed all the complimentary teabags that had accumulated over the days. When we requested for English breakfast or earl grey teabags from the front desk, they told us that they have ran out of stock, which we found it hard to believe.

Overall, the service was great, the room is cosy and the location is convenient.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
RM-Fauzi, Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear sharonyp,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our homely experience, whereby we provide service from our hearts to all our guests and truly hope you had fond memories.

I will share your review with the team to continuously encourage them more in serving our guests. I have taken note pertaining to the English breakfast or Earl Grey teabags and address the matter to the housekeeping team for further investigation and also the necessary corrective measure to avoid such occurrence.

We would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred accommodation in Langkawi and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The good:
-great service and really nice room with location so near the beach.
-the area of the beach in front of the hotel is cleaner and the busy part of the beach (where all the water activities are) is near from the hotel.
-good housekeeping and the wind down service.
-not crowded which is very good.

The bad:
-Before the trip, I requested a birthday surprise (simple one) with the staff which they agreed, but ended up it didn't happen as it seems she has forgotten about it, which wassss soooo disappointing. so don't rely on them to do it for u..
-on my first day the staff who helped with the check in did ask the purpose of my trip which I mentioned was for my husband's birthday..there was no question asked if i'd like to do a simple surprise or something.
-like what other reviewers mentioned, the staff chat with you and are very attentive. However, I noticed some differences the way they treat the regulars and the non regulars (myself as it was my first time there). For example, during meal time, the waiter will help put napkin on their lap but I didn't receive such treatment though..
-although with all the good points mentioned above...given the price I'd have expected better.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeleneG7

Dear SeleneG7,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. My sincere apologies for the inconveniences pertaining to the birthday surprise and also the overall service that was rendered to you. This is clearly not our practice as our concept is 'HOME' and we treat all our guests fairly and also friendlier manner. Nevertheless I will surely address the matters to the department in concern and ensure the necessary training being conducted as part of our continuous improvement.

However I do appreciate that you also highlight some positive areas such as the great service, our housekeeping team and the room which you have stayed in recently. I will surely share all your comments to the entire team which involves both as an encouragement & the corrective measures for better guest experience.

My apologies again, we would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred accommodation in Langkawi. We look forward to welcoming you and serving you better in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

After living in Malaysia for a decade and traelling all over the place, I dare to say this is the best I have ever been to.
One can clearly feel that they put customer on priority, however, there are very minor shortages whch is normal for every place, but considering Malaysia has never been successful on accomodating guests this place is brilliant.
We felt super duper comfortable since booking time until the time we left the place. I should shout out to Mizzi who was exteremley helpful up on booking anf gave us absolutely great experience that made us to count down days to get to Casa Del Mar and of course our stay and room was fantastic.
Hope this review does not stop them to improve while they are already great. I just regret why I did not stay with them during the past 4 or 5 visits to Langkawi.
Can't wait to get back to Casa Del Mar.
One big point was we did not see any kids in this hotel. Hope they keep the atmosphere relaxing like our stay!
You are amazing!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear samomidi,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience throughout your stay and enjoyed our hospitality.

We appreciate your review and also acknowledging the efforts of our staffs who went the extra mile in ensuring you being at ease while having a relaxing time at our lil home by the sea. I will personally share your review with the team to continuously boost their spirit to serve in taking care of our guests.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

My husband and I enjoyed 5 nights at this beautiful resort recently. We were greeted as family when we arrived and we certainly felt like family when we left (reluctantly).
the staff were super friendly and very good at their jobs. We found that throughout our stay nothing was too much trouble. Any request we made was dealt with very quickly. Our room was so relaxing and had a sensational view of Cenang Beach. The facilities at the Hotel were first class.
The fun and games at the bar each night made us feel very welcome and we also had free drinks one night of our stay with all the other guests and the rep from management.
The food at the restaurant was exceptional. Breakfast daily was a delight. The spa was well worth a visit.
I can't imagine visiting Langkawi and not staying at Casa del Mar. I would recommend it to anyone planning to visit Langkawi. If you are an Aussie, you will be in good company for sure.

Room Tip: Any room here will afford you an excellent experience.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear crossbordertraveller,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at our little home by the sea. We hope you are satisfied with the service rendered to you and appreciate your review on acknowledging the efforts of our team members.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Every one made our stay a very special one and could not have done more for us..Food was excellent and the courtesy of ALL the staff was genuine and refreshing. The Free refreshments during the day we re a great little touch.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RM-Fauzi, Manager at Casa del Mar, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear David C,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We truly hope your stay was wonderful along with the fond memories at our little home by the sea.