“Excellent value”

Spice of Bengal
Ranked #15 of 34 Restaurants in Bedale
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Used to be a takeaway but now a restaurant
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We had a fantastic meal - beautifully cooked with fresh ingredients. The service was also very good. What was amazing was the price as my meal of popadoms, bhajis, naan bread,side dish of tarka dhal and main meal of prawn dansak plus a bottle of Cobra was £10.50 as part of their Sunday special deal!! I can't recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had a takeaway of veg korma and chicken tikka garlic and chilli balti with coconut rice. Both were very nice, we both thought the best we'd had in Bedale. Like to have a sit down next time.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Having been here several times in the last few months it has proved to be consistently great for food, service and value.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant twice and both times the food was amazing. The first my wife I and 2 daughters aged 8 and 4. We were made to feel really welcome and seated in the nice clean restaurant. When ordering my wife and I decided we should try something different, so the owner helped us pick dishes that had just been added to the menu. This did not disappoint as it was the best Indian food we have ever eaten. During the meal the owner put a Bollywood film on and my daughter's got up to dance and had a great time. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Staff were fantastic and made it a great family night out.

Second visit and we took my parents who were visiting from London. Again a warm welcome from the owner, and again he helped us pick something we had not tried before. The food again was amazing! My parents also said it was the best Indian they have had. They both had king prawn dishes and couldn't believe the amount of prawns they received, saying that back in London they would only get half the amount. They also were impressed by the value for money. Again the manager was excellent and great with the kids. It is a fantastic friendly restaurant that I recommend to everyone.

Thanks for a couple of great visits, see you in 2 weeks.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Happy hour menu was great value with plenty of choice. The food was great and the staff were very helpful.