Forest Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hogarths Hotel(Dorridge)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$164
Agoda.com
US$73
US$59
US$64
  • Restaurant
The Oak Hotel(Hockley Heath)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$74
US$68
US$59
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfor sunday lunchfantastic weddingboutique hotelbirthday partygolf societycooked to perfectionvery comfortable roomfamily get togetherlast saturdaystayed two nightsstaff were attentivelovely mealnice stayfollowing morningplenty of parkingmember of staffbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I recently stayed at The Forest Hotel when my girlfriend and I spent the weekend in the area. First off, we found it very easy to get to, only being a short drive from Birmingham. We were greeted very warmly by Tracy the owner and shown to our very lovely room. It was really hot last Saturday and we were super happy with the silent fan, ours sounds like a generator back home and we thought it was a really nice touch! My girlfriend loved the cute cushions on the bed, which was very comfortable and we were impressed with how clean and nice the room was on a whole. We always over pack and were over the moon with the space we had to hide our junk! My girlfriend always packs at least 12 pairs of shoes for a weekend away, which can be annoying when we're in a tiny hotel room, so were really happy with the space. We went for a few drinks in the bar, which was lively and then had a delicious meal in the restaurant. The Scottish waitress had us in stitches and my girlfriend had the lamb and I had the rump steak. Steak was perfectly medium-rare and the goats cheese mousse starter was also incredible. Couldn't fault the service at all, very impressed. Also very happy with the food. Had a great nights sleep and then spent the morning in Solihull before coming back for the roast dinner which we'd booked, which was also delicious, beef again was on point. We gave our compliments to the chef and then drove back to Manchester. We were in and out of Solihull all weekend so The Forest was perfect for us! We have no complaints. Thanks Gary & Tracy for a lovely stay, if we're ever around Birmingham again we'll definitely pop in for a pint of Brahma or 2!

Room Tip: Room 7 was ace!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie E
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Thank you for your compliments and taking the time to write about us

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I have never stayed in the Forest Hotel and always presumed that it was fairly average but over many years I have had to arrange rooms for overseas visitors. The hotel was very convenient for my home, at the time, but initially I thought that I was 'short changing' my visitors when I arranged a room at the Forest Hotel. However when I offerd my guests alternative accommodation I found that the Forest Hotel was their hotel of choice. I have always rated the food at the hotel, even having a Christmas Eve dinner there with my family one year.The bar always offered a wide selection of 'real ales' and a fair selection of malt whisky so a drink after work having a relaxing business meeting was a regular item on the agenda. (I used to live within walking distance of the hotel.)
Birmingham airport is not far away and the railway station is just across the road hence the title of my review.
I wholeheartedly recommend the hotel (my guests were all well travelled and discriminating in their tastes) the restaurant and the bar I know personally and would give the same recommendation.
The only downside is that the hotel is very popular which does mean that it can get very busy but, in the summer, you can usually find a seat outside .

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Xenathon13

Thank you for your review, you have experienced all areas from bedrooms to the food and bar and appreciated the whole experience, I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We chose to stay here for the evening of our Son's Graduation from Birmingham Uni. We wanted good food, in a nice but relaxed environment with great accommodation, we were not disappointed. In fact we were absolutely delighted and would highly recommend.
The location was perfect , near the station so we were on Campus in 30mins without any traffic or parking issues.
From the first contact Gill was amazingly helpful with our booking and when we arrived she was very welcoming and friendly. In fact, everyone we met who worked there, were most friendly and very helpful especially our waiter and waitress.
The food was delicious, lots of choice, beautifully cooked and presented both at Dinner and at Breakfast.
The bar / outside terrace were busy with a great atmosphere.
The rooms were very clean, well furnished and equipped.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to return again when we could explore the area a little more.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

As regulars at the forest we have noticed a big decline in quality since the previous chef left recently - no specials were offered and the wonderful freshly baked bread was replaced with slices of average white and granary . Two scallops were delicious but £9 a bit steep. The rump steak was burnt on the outside whilst being rare on the inside having asked for medium . I had hake which was fine but not amazing with a bitter lemon sauce that wasn't pleasant . The lamb chump was a lovely dish however but the care and presentation has definitely dipped . Service as always lovely. What a shame as we love walking up to our local - hope things pick up.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Jackiefox4
Tracy P, Owner at Forest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

I just wish you had brought your concerns to our attention while you were here and then we would have had the opportunity to do something about it. Then maybe you would not have left disappointed and we would not feel sad about you not enjoying your visit

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I had a fantastic birthday party celebration at The Olive Room on 18/6/16. Making the arrangements in the run up to the party was made easy and smooth with the help and support of the senior staff/management. On the day of the party, the staff were so very helpful and positive during the day and evening. I ordered the finger buffet and the food went down a treat!! After my party everyone commented on how good the food was on the night. All my guests had a great time and I wish I could do it again next Saturday. I would highly recommend The Forest as a party venue to family and friends. My nephew and niece stayed in one of the luxurious rooms with their four month old baby and were very happy with the room and service the received, including the hearty breakfast.

A massive thanks to all the staff and senior management for all of their support and help!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you, we are all happy that you enjoyed your birthday celebration here