“Birthday Family Mea;”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Never fails to impress. My son chose the Himley as the place for his birthday meal. There were five in our party. Service was impeccable from start to finish. Kept topped up with drinks throughout. Starters came, all as ordered as did the mains. Various choices from the prawn cocktail, soup, mushroom ciabatta and scallops all fresh and well presented. Main courses ranged from Steak - 1 x 9oz Rump and 1 x 7oz Filet, Sea Bass and Seared Scallops, Chefs Summer Garden Bowl and the Gourmet Beef Burger. All came hot and as requested. Many thanks Himley, we had a lovely evening in a perfect setting.

Review collected in partnership with Chef & Brewer
Adam D, Manager at Himley House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your lovely review, we’re glad you enjoyed you visit and look forward to welcoming you back to himley house soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My first time visiting this restaurant but my friend had been here twice before and said she’d not had a great experience either times, however our other friend had booked so we went with the flow
What didn’t fill me with confidence from the get go was the barman didn’t know what was in the drink advertised on the board behind the bar
Moving into the food
My friend is a vegetarian but eats fish and said she had tried the 2 fish dishes and wasn’t impressed so went for the vegan burger
It was obviously cooked before the steak my other friend ordered as it was cold and the cheese hadn’t melted on it
My meal of gammon was ok nowt to shout about luke warm at best with rubbery egg and obvious not triple cooked chips just greasy frozen chips
The steak was nice but that was cooked last and still hot but you can’t go wrong with a rare steak
The price of the burger was taken off the bill good job as we weren’t paying for it and if we hadn’t had 25% off the total would have been terrible value for money
Now I know why I’ve never been there won’t be going again

Adam D, Manager at Himley House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review, I’m sorry you weren’t happy with your meals. We cook all our meals to company specification but I’m sorry that they weren’t up to our usual standard. I hope this doesn’t put you off visiting us again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Chose to eat here on a sunny day as they have a large garden which welcomes dogs. I was deeply disappointed with the ploughman's lunch: the 'mature cheddar' was about a tablespoonful of grated cheese, the sun-dried tomato bread was two tiny slices, the apple was badly bruised, the pickled onion was tasteless, the salad leaves were black in places, the celery was unripe - the sausage roll & brie were OK but did not make up for the other failings. My husband had noodle salad with very, very dry chicken - lucky we had the dog.

Adam D, Manager at Himley House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review, we take all our reviews and comments on board. I’m sorry for the disappointing standard of your meals and sincerely hope this doesn’t put you off visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited today for lunch. Staff very helpful and friendly. This is a great location. Worth a visit.

Ordered Gammon and decided to try the ultimate vegan burger.

Did not know what to expect with the vegan meal. Well it was very tasty and filling. Will be having this again I am not vegan or vegetarian but like to try somthing new. Fast service and good value. Will be returning very soon.

Adam D, Manager at Himley House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review review, we’re glad you enjoyed your visit and the new vegan burger, which is proving a very popular dish since coming into the menu. Our Asian noodle salad and vegan curry are also proving very popular. We look forward to welcoming you back to himley house soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a meal for my mothers 60th birthday! We were all extremely happy with the food and service, our server was Sarah B. She is what should be expected from every waitress/waiter! Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!

Adam D, Manager at Himley House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review review, we’re glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us and I know Sarah will be very happy to read your comments! We look forward to welcoming you back to himley house soon!