Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$112
eDreamsUS$112
FindHotelUS$112
Agoda.comUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
StayForLong
All reviews white horse the pub great food beer garden across the road stayed one night few drinks booked a table on tap an evening meal cider farm dunster castle good size slept really well first morning feel welcome return visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Arrived early but room was available. Small single but had everything I needed. Very busy lunchtime. Had excellent pint and baguette. Evening meal and breakfast equally enjoyable. Small parking area across the road and car park just past the pub. Welcoming and friendly staff.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff Y
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and 9 month old stopped here on our way back to Exeter. We wish we hadn’t.

While the staff were polite they were in no way welcoming nor particularly friendly.

The restaurant is majorly flawed and I’ll tell you why...

It was a warm sunny day so we sat in their beer garden which is separated from the pub via a country road.

We ordered at the bar and liked the look of the well written and enticing black board menu.

We were given our order number and took our drinks back outside. First big flaw, they have a family beer garden but no high chairs! The girl behind the bar looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked for one but she did gave me a small wooden booster seat which was useless as it didn’t attach to the outdoor picnic tables!

Second flaw which we could not get our heads around. After about 15 minutes the waitress stands at the door of the pub screaming our table number out from across the road. We waved to her and she shouted for us to come and collect our food! It wasn’t a major issue for us as there was 2 of us but what if you have 1 adult and 3 kids? Take the whole family in to collect your food?! Madness. The road separating the pub and beer garden also gets very busy and people drive too fast along it. I’ve never heard of a waitress in a pub who doesn’t deliver your food to your table.

Lastly the food was absolutely average, mushy peas were stone cold and my wife Thai vegan burger was gross (cheap and frozen, menu made it sound exotic and home made). The food is pricey too.

All in all, I’d avoid this place.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here. The setting is very picturesque and staff helpful. For the price the room was fine. It's a relaxed atmosphere and the dog was very welcome. Whilst my husband enjoyed the breakfast I as a vegetarian found it limited. There are no substitute s for vegetarians so the cooked breakfast is egg, mushroom n tomato full stop. I asked on the second day if I could have beans but was told no. Fine for the first morning but after that rather boring.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank helenBristolEngland
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely b&b, comfy rooms & great food. Friendly staff, would recommend. We stayed in March during the worst snowstorm the area had seen for many years & it was lovely to sit beside the fire in the pub whilst enjoying a few drinks.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dawnobryant
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We were staying in a B & B in Blue Anchor, and out hosts recommended The White Horse Inn to us, and we were not disapointid ! They have a most excellent chef ! The food was well presented, and very tasty ! A bit more than bog standard pub grub, The White Horse Inn exceded our expectations tenfold ! The carpark is small, so if you are staying close by, it might be advisable to take a taxi each way !

Room tip: Can't say about the rooms as we didn't stay overnight, but the food was wonderful and the staff kind and considerate : )
Date of stay: July 2018