US$80
Lastingham Grange(Lastingham)
US$224
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfour posterthe cottagesother guestsdressing roomwarm welcomehome cooked mealbeautiful housecourse dinnerwedding venuesmall weddingthe main housesuperb hostshooting partyseparate showeryorkshire countrysidelovely areaself catering
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Title says it all. What a fantastic place. Really well run, super comfortable.

Rooms are of a high standard, great lounge and log fire. Some cottages down the road for larger groups of an equally good standard

Great breakfast. We'll be back soon hopefully.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

A beautiful house in a beautiful part of the world.

Couple this with fantastic food and genuine, warm hospitallity and you have the recipie for a perfect stay.

From the complimentary tea/coffee and lovely cakes offered on arrival, a night spent in the most comfortable bed we've ever been in, to a tasty, well cooked and beautifully presented breakfast everything was superb.

Highly recommended and definitely on our list of places and things to do again.

Andrew and Elaine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Laskill Country House and once again it was an absolute delight. I was greeted warmly by Mandy, who after showing me to my lovely room in order to settle in, suggested I might like to make myself comfortable in the fabulous sitting room. As it was a cheerless day, she lit the log fire and within a couple of minutes a pot of tea and cake arrived for me to enjoy relaxing by the fire - total bliss. This is a truly wonderful place to stay on the Yorkshire Moors and certainly one I would highly recommend, either as a lone traveller or with company.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Visited laskill today initial in the rain and then in lovely autumn sunshine
The food was excellent and the friendly staff as much as anyone would wish
The total ambiance made an excellent visit in beautiful surroundings.
Rob, Margo and co.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

As a born and bred Yorkshireman I always believed that the county had few surprises in store for me. How wrong I have been!
My stay at Laskill was an absolute delight. The ambience and atmosphere in the house it's self was truly welcoming, comfortable and traditional as only Yorkshire hospitality can be. My room couldn't have been better if I'd been staying at Claridges, crispy bed sheets, scrunchy towels and the 'piece de resistence,' a slice of Mandy's amazing "never fail" fruit cake to eat with my bedtime brandy, true indulgence.
Thank you Mandy you're a star! Oh and by the way the breakfast sausages were spectacular, only just slightly bettered by those from the late "Gertie Grunt" Vicky's Old Spot/Tamworth cross.

Certainly I'll be back and sending friends.

Room Tip: Any, mine was first right at the top of the main staircase. The Rievaulx room I think.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends